Man of Honour

Really insightful. Musk is a bit of a hero really, certainly one of the more honourable billionaires not always thinking about themselves and nice to see he was thinking of bettering humankind way back then and still continues that objective.

J.D

J.D

Soldato

It's a cover of Queen. Thought I'd mention as some might think "K-Pop".

Not well known in the West but has the best range I've ever heard. Possibly the most talented for me too.

Soldato
For a minute i thought they were running unto one of those barriers that pops up after buses have driven past, just a narrow road doing that? :eek:

It's a not overly narrow width restriction (IIRC 7ft), but it has six posts (in three pairs) right at the edge of the pavement. There is a dropped kerb just before, and a slight bend in the road. There's something about it that just makes some drivers prone to getting it badly wrong on the passenger side where they can't see the low posts, possibly if they turned out from a nearby side road and not lined the car up properly. You can see large cars go straight through, and small ones smash the posts. Even a police van gets caught out.

It's apparently been an issue for years since the width restriction was re-done to stop large lorries using the road, but until the guy living there got a ring doorbell and started posting the accidents online, the local council just blamed it on the drivers. The council people were there doing an assessment recently and had another accident right in front of them.

Caporegime
It's a not overly narrow width restriction (IIRC 7ft), but it has six posts (in three pairs) right at the edge of the pavement. There is a dropped kerb just before, and a slight bend in the road. There's something about it that just makes some drivers prone to getting it badly wrong on the passenger side where they can't see the low posts, possibly if they turned out from a nearby side road and not lined the car up properly. You can see large cars go straight through, and small ones smash the posts. Even a police van gets caught out.

It's apparently been an issue for years since the width restriction was re-done to stop large lorries using the road, but until the guy living there got a ring doorbell and started posting the accidents online, the local council just blamed it on the drivers. The council people were there doing an assessment recently and had another accident right in front of them.

Seen it happen a few times here, driving a Mini means I can just barrel through at whatever speed I want (because I can also squeeze that car through a gap the width of a straw) and I've had two people behind me hit the side. Not a full on crash like this, but scraping the side of their cars. Always the same demographic too, women who drive Range Rovers but probably couldn't operate a Smart properly.

Caused a few traffic jams in the area over the years, and these idiots always leave their cars exactly where the accident happened whilst waiting for the cops, rather than pulling over to the side.

Caporegime

Surprised they've not been hit with claims over it yet, must be pretty deceiving looking if some cars are getting through fine.

Back
Top Bottom