New World MMO

Associate
there's actually an MMO from the past extremely similar to this but done way better and it was a pvp/pve MMO
does anyone remember

that game was so good until they went full on pay2win even if it was a grind fest.

you could even become a pirate, the game had ship combat..... the game had proper PVP...the world was pretty huge and was a way better "new world" than what amazon did

In new world this is how basic the game is, you can't swim but you can still enter the water, your character just walks along the bottom until he drowns :D

I played Archeage: Unchained when that was released, enjoyed it just wasn't enough PvP a year down the line.

Soldato
This thread has more posts from people crapping on the game who have never played it and like to often say they aren't interested and won't be buying it that is giving the impression you see.

Check https://newworldstatus.com/?

There's definitely a drop off from the launch but daily numbers are still healthy. The steam stats are going to be off because it would show people queued as well as those actually playing on a server. With the new AFK detection booting people trying to avoid it I've not seen a server queue since the start of last week.
People that are generally 'crapping all over it' played one of the numerous betas, and have stated many times they are holding fire until the game is 3 months old in the hopes that an end game is added/more mmo elements.

I'd also add that a decline in the player base when the game has only been out 2 weeks isn't a good sign for a mmo.

Associate
Totally hooked to this. PvP alone is a good reason to keep playing the New World but ofc there's a lot happening in PvE front. There are players who say they not interested in PvP and that's fine.

This latest update really sounds like an improvement.

Soldato
I'm a warrior atm, if I wanted to play as a mage and cast skills do I need a new character or just equip a staff? I've seen people use AoE attacks and it looks fun.

Soldato
I'm a warrior atm, if I wanted to play as a mage and cast skills do I need a new character or just equip a staff? I've seen people use AoE attacks and it looks fun.

Its just a case of re-specing your attreibutes. Right now i'm a simple hammer/hatchet user and max my strength and constitution whilst wearing heavy armour for example. But if you look at the attributes list you can see which weapons are buffed by those attributes and go from there.

V F

V F

Soldato
Totally hooked to this. PvP alone is a good reason to keep playing the New World but ofc there's a lot happening in PvE front. There are players who say they not interested in PvP and that's fine.

This latest update really sounds like an improvement.

I assume the PvP in this is just like The Division, ganking? and in groups ganking against solo players...

Soldato
And that is the exact reason why I quit playing it.

I remember this, I was on it constantly when the game went live with plots but could I get a spot? No. Too many people on it without resting or bots taking all the land. Then there was all the grinding... I just couldn't be bothered.

Associate
Been looking into this, servers were supposed to be down for a 5 hour maintenance (wtf?) but EU has now been down for 8 hours.

It a small bug fix patch, what the hell are they playing it. When has any game ever had maintenance that long? Doesn't bode well for the future.

Man of Honour
Been looking into this, servers were supposed to be down for a 5 hour maintenance (wtf?) but EU has now been down for 8 hours.

It a small bug fix patch, what the hell are they playing it. When has any game ever had maintenance that long? Doesn't bode well for the future.

They had to transfer all their server capacity to Blue Origin for the launch today :D

Soldato

Add that to the fact they did it during the DAY for EU and during the night for US.

Associate
People that are generally 'crapping all over it' played one of the numerous betas, and have stated many times they are holding fire until the game is 3 months old in the hopes that an end game is added/more mmo elements.

I'd also add that a decline in the player base when the game has only been out 2 weeks isn't a good sign for a mmo.

Happens with every single game, especially MMO's

As long as the number remains healthy, which it has, then all is good.

Soldato
Happens with every single game, especially MMO's

As long as the number remains healthy, which it has, then all is good.
It's the 1st month, all successful ones grow their playrbase during launch month and don't start seeing shrinking numbers during this time.

Maybe it will buck the trend and not have the usual churn as more people hit cap and see no endgame in sight.

Suppose we'll just have to see how bad the cash shop is to see where they'll make money to continue to make content.

Associate
It's the 1st month, all successful ones grow their playrbase during launch month and don't start seeing shrinking numbers during this time.

Maybe it will buck the trend and not have the usual churn as more people hit cap and see no endgame in sight.

Suppose we'll just have to see how bad the cash shop is to see where they'll make money to continue to make content.

They need to get a roadmap of some sorts published.. I am hoping to see an Halloween event too.

Associate
I assume the PvP in this is just like The Division, ganking? and in groups ganking against solo players...

Yeah some play it smarter than others. Grouping up is a good way to get kills. Doesn't mean solo fights are totally gone and forgotten. Just have to pay attention to surroundings.

Also pvp missions are a good way to boost whole faction influense.

Back
Top Bottom