Need a recommendation for a quality office chair

Soldato
Similar chairs to be honest. Aeron doesn't have adjustable seat edge. Aeron probably slightly better grade materials. Also aeron is mesh back, where the Mirra 2 is plastic. Although mine has the butterfly back upgrade which is like a mesh overlay on the back. Also arms adjust differently. I found a code and bought for £650.

I think some sites sell it for around this price anyway. Well working I think?

https://www.wellworking.co.uk/chairs-c2/office-c4/herman-miller-mirra-2-chair-graphite-triflex-p27

Thanks, I’m considering options for replacing my IKEA Markus. The only thing the Markus lacks that I’m missing is seat depth adjustment.

Soldato
Similar chairs to be honest. Aeron doesn't have adjustable seat edge. Aeron probably slightly better grade materials. Also aeron is mesh back, where the Mirra 2 is plastic. Although mine has the butterfly back upgrade which is like a mesh overlay on the back. Also arms adjust differently. I found a code and bought for £650.

I think some sites sell it for around this price anyway. Well working I think?

https://www.wellworking.co.uk/chairs-c2/office-c4/herman-miller-mirra-2-chair-graphite-triflex-p27

Don’t suppose you’ve got the discount code? Had a look around and can’t seem to find any which work…

Caporegime
Well you bought a gaming chair and expected it to be suitable for long term comfort?

Based on a couple of recommendations that friends have given me and also use long term, yes.

Is that really difficult to grasp?

Why would a chair, designed for 'gaming', which lets face it, lasts for several hours in most people's cases, not be presumed comfy?

"hey buy a chair, but it's only good for 20 minute bashes on Fortnite by the way".

Man of Honour
Why would a chair, designed for 'gaming', which lets face it, lasts for several hours in most people's cases, not be presumed comfy?
Because it's one of the biggest marketing cons going. Any professional gamer using one and who says it's good is almost certainly being paid to say that. Most others use Herman Miller or similar.

Soldato
Because it's one of the biggest marketing cons going. Any professional gamer using one and who says it's good is almost certainly being paid to say that. Most others use Herman Miller or similar.

This.

If you want a comfortable ergonomically friendly chair then look to a brand who has actually invested the R&D into this area and have to perform in the rather heavily regulated Health and Safety world we live in.

Associate
Glad you getting on well with it. They are more expensive than some but easy to recommend and will last a decade. Can't go wrong really. Warranty support is 1st rate .... should you ever need it.

Soldato
How is the Mirra comfortable if it's got no cushy for your tushy? And back?

I suffer from really bad upper back pain, not lumbar pain but higher up, also get serious numb bum

Anyone solved either of these with a chair? I've tried loads now and all sorts of support cushions from Amazon and nothing works I'm at the point where I think I need to up my budget significantly

Back
Top Bottom