Need a recommendation for a quality office chair

Soldato
As I'm working from home permanently now, I thought it's time I bought a decent chair for the home office. One of the castors just broke on my old one, which is pretty uncomfortable anyway. Anyone got a recommendation of what to buy and where from?

Soldato
I went Aeron about 15 years ago and have not looked back. I work from home and sit in it for 5-10 hours average per day. I even sometimes eat my evening meal at my desk as it's the comfiest chair in the house.

Soldato
If you ever grace Manchester with your presence I have a 24 hour task chair for sale that I bought for the same reason and was great, if you search my post history you'll find a for sale thread on here

If not I can recommend the place I bought it from but because ocuk sell desks and chairs not sure if I'm allowed?

Soldato
i bought a refurbed RH Logic (think it was about 250 quid) from https://corporatespec.com/shop/ - couldn't be happier with the chair and the service. it's a proper ergo office chair with more adjustments than i could ever need, along with proper lumbar support (not just a velcro'd on cushion like a lot of these gaming chairs seem to have)

edit: assuming it's ok to link as they don't sell gaming chairs etc

Soldato
If you’re sat down many hours of the day, it’s worth investing in a good chair.

Injuries due to bad posture show up after time, and so it takes equally long to rectify any issues.

One of those things where it’s not worth the risk IMO :)

Associate
I have had a refurbed Aeron for 6 years (and have a herniated disk in my spine). I sit for 8 hours a day (working from home) and I suffer no back problems at all. The chair still looks and performs like new. We use Humanscale in our offices and they are very good, but if we have an employee with back problems we always get them an Aeron.

Associate
I had an Aeron (or Aeron type) chair in the office for a couple of years and found that I got sciatica and had to change chairs. It was the mesh seat that didn't support my arse/hamstrings and felt like it wrapped around and put pressure on certain points/nerves in that area. I had to change to a traditional foam based seat and have had no issues since, I guess it was the difference in support.

Not an issue for everyone but something to be aware of if you suffer from those types of problems.

Soldato
Steelcase Leap, although the prices are a lot higher now, i once picked one up off ebay for about £110 (1st gen) and £270 for a 2nd gen.

Extremely comfy chair, sorted out my back issues caused by the cheaper office chairs I was sitting on.

Soldato
I had an Aeron (or Aeron type) chair in the office for a couple of years .. I had to change to a traditional foam based seat and have had no issues since, I guess it was the difference in support.
+1 Aeron's are ovehyped .. and people typically don't have a good long term comparison point
I'd love to know how much Aeron's actually cost the company for bulk purchase of several thousand - I'm thinking < a couple of hundred

Personally don't like the Aeron's, the hard front edge digs in behind the knees, equally lack of moulding comfort from just the mesh, they don't feel warm either - used one daily for 5 odd years.
... if you have back problems, or want to avoid them, get a Baluns kneeling chair what I've used for past 10 years, post aeron.

Back
Top Bottom