• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Any GPU card you can get at the moment for a decent price you are happy with is worth it at the moment. The next Nvidia releases are going to be exactly the same lottery watching the alerts. Be interesting though to see how long the other retailer's contract is and whether it covers the refresh supers and the 4xxx series or whether thats up for grabs by someone else.

OCUK finally getting a new website could be for another reason........................................

Soldato
Good job Nvidia keep suppling the FE`s or a lot of gamers would never be able to afford a new graphic card.

Agree I was set on 3080 but was never gonna give in to the price of the AIB's, Glad Nvidia did FE drops and managed to get the 3080 it was like the only way getting 30 series without paying over the odds shame AMD dont care for the UK

Caporegime
How is the cooling on the 3080ti FE? I managed to snag one yesterday but in worried about the cooler. Can it be overclocked at all is it best to leave it alone?

It's pretty decent. The FE coolers are impressive. Mem temps can be hot though, mostly when mining, not sure Nvidia ever fixed the awful thermal pads.

Soldato
Congrats to anyone that got one that really needed one, but it seems to me not really worth it this late in the day when 4000 series is just 9 months away and the supers with more vram are 3 months away

Still totally worth it getting FE on drops , if its AIB cards yeah thats different matter

Soldato
It's pretty decent. The FE coolers are impressive. Mem temps can be hot though, mostly when mining, not sure Nvidia ever fixed the awful thermal pads.

I won't be doing any mining with it so should they be OK? Or should I look at changing them? If so, is it easy enough to do?

I've not had a pc for years so my knowledge on them isn't what it used to be :D

Soldato
I won't be doing any mining with it so should they be OK? Or should I look at changing them? If so, is it easy enough to do?

I've not had a pc for years so my knowledge on them isn't what it used to be :D

no need to change the pads unless you are mining, if you into tweaking can undervolt you can actually increase performance and set custom fan curve to lower temps

Soldato
Seems like the telegram app is a complete waste of time, just got a notification through for the 3080fe... Although apparently it dropped last night. Useful :rolleyes:
Must be your phone, I had it within 2-3 seconds of the link going live, added a 3080Ti to the cart and checked out within 1 minute.

Soldato
Seems like the telegram app is a complete waste of time, just got a notification through for the 3080fe... Although apparently it dropped last night. Useful :rolleyes:

would try to join any active telegram group just to see if you get alerted or get friend to message you on it. also recommend just opening the app and let it run in the background and not close it

Soldato
My point was not everyone is comfortable opening the card and worry if need warranty later on, if just gaming really no need to change pads its what Nvidia made the card to do

It is, but there are people out there that have had issues with missing, badly placed pads or pads with the protective film still on them, as for RMA, how many cards do you think the copier place has kept behind for RMA purposes, yeah, you could RMA a card, but how long would you then be without a card..

Soldato
It is, but there are people out there that have had issues with missing, badly placed pads or pads with the protective film still on them, as for RMA, how many cards do you think the copier place has kept behind for RMA purposes, yeah, you could RMA a card, but how long would you then be without a card..

I rma 3080fe for excessive coil whine got replacement within the same week maybe I was lucky

Back
Top Bottom