• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Could also be no e-tailer wants to take it on. I dont think its been a good money spinner for the Nvidia partner. From what I've been told been a lot more trouble than its worth. Not exactly an exciting prospect selling sporadic AMD drops at not a lot of profit margins with all the rigmarole around it limiting sales, making sure the website can cope under load etc etc. Probably thought exclusivity would be a massive boon but were not told the quantities coming through would be in 3 or 4 figure quantities. Probably hoping it would drive sales of other items whilst the GPU was being bought. Trouble is you dont have time to put other items in your basket as you need to checkout quick before losing the GPU.
I think you're spot on with this.

Soldato
Could also be no e-tailer wants to take it on. I dont think its been a good money spinner for the Nvidia partner. From what I've been told been a lot more trouble than its worth. Not exactly an exciting prospect selling sporadic AMD drops at not a lot of profit margins with all the rigmarole around it limiting sales, making sure the website can cope under load etc etc. Probably thought exclusivity would be a massive boon but were not told the quantities coming through would be in 3 or 4 figure quantities. Probably hoping it would drive sales of other items whilst the GPU was being bought. Trouble is you dont have time to put other items in your basket as you need to checkout quick before losing the GPU.
My understanding was they were just providing the platform, and Nvidia were still technically the seller.

Associate

They may not make much money per card but people must buy additional things from the store, either before they get a FE card or afterwards.

I've not bought anything from the other place for years but picked up a new heatsink from there before I got my FE order in, an order that they wouldn't have gotten had it not been for the FE availability.

Associate
Still waiting for picking too but it does state estimated delivery Thursday or Friday. I expect they have a shed load (or even more :p) of orders to process. I will take safely delivered in one piece over speed.

Soldato
So, was saving up for a 3060 ti, then decided to save for a 3080 - now getting very bored of my 980….so thinking of just grabbing a 3060 ti - I do only play at 1440/60hz. Will probably change my mind again :D

Associate
How many people have RMA'ed an FE card for coil-whine?

Did you get a card without whine back?

Some days my cards whine really bugs me... but I cant bring myself to RMA given the high likely hood the replacement just whines too :/ (Had 2x FE cards and both whined badly...)

Man of Honour
Weirdly I get no coil-whine with my 3070FE under Windows 7 but some odd situations where it happens in Windows 10 for some reason. After a couple of weeks or so of gaming (mostly Cyberpunk 2077) though it seemed to reduce in Windows 10 but still occasionally catch it.

Soldato
How many people have RMA'ed an FE card for coil-whine?

Did you get a card without whine back?

Some days my cards whine really bugs me... but I cant bring myself to RMA given the high likely hood the replacement just whines too :/ (Had 2x FE cards and both whined badly...)

I have noticed since watercooling my 3080fe that it has some mild coil whine at stock volts when high frames rate occur in menus etc . But if I undervolt I hear nothing at all. And I lose only 25mhz of boost.

Back
Top Bottom