Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
I'm not sure. I mean Ronaldo isn't going to be ideal for a high energy pressing game, but as long as he does it at the right time, could the team carry him (to an extent)...

Fred is ideal for it, Sancho, Rashford, Bruno has a lot of energy if he can direct it properly, VdB will be fine.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they try and sort out some midfield reinforcements in January.
I'm really not sure Fernandes fits into a Rangnick side, especially one that's carrying somebody already. As I said, it'll be interesting to see.
When was the last time Martial played?
48 hours ago.

Soldato
I have heard of his name (Ralf Rangnick) before but never knew who he was or what he did. So I took it upon my self to read about him. Pretty impressive stuff I must say. I cannot wait to see what he does at Utd.

Man of Honour
Also anyone noticed that Locamotiv have drawn more games than they have won so far this season?

And finished 15 points off top last season?

He's not the manager there.

Before you do any more of your inevitable complaining - who would you want as manager, interim or otherwise?

Soldato
Just as we top our group in the Champions League. We have the squad to compete. Just need someone to cobble them together in a good fashion. Last 16 games are not till end of Feb so plenty of time to get the team sorted.

Maybe a cheeky CDM in January too ;).

I am sure we will scrape through the next round. Just out as soon as we meet another English team or Munich

fez

fez

Caporegime
Has Nick moved on from Sancho to complaining that Rangnick didn't win the world cup?

I'm sure he can do both.

And I don't know why any manager would struggle with Fernandes. He is one of the most hardworking players we have had at the club in a long time. I am almost certain that if the manager played him at left back and told him to stand on his head, he would do just that to the best of his ability.

Soldato
I'm sure he can do both.

And I don't know why any manager would struggle with Fernandes. He is one of the most hardworking players we have had at the club in a long time. I am almost certain that if the manager played him at left back and told him to stand on his head, he would do just that to the best of his ability.
Yeh agree bruno will be fine

Soldato
Love how Fred has gone from most criticised to suddenly acclaimed players..

shows how much of a mess things are

Anyway looking forward to the “professor” Rangnick coming in and giving a few lectures

potential for his contract to be extended? Not sure what his aims are

Soldato
Adam is also forgetting that United have the Titanic at centre back. But then again the week before it was Ronaldo who was the problem and Ole was actually on the verge of greatness.

Nothing will be fixed in 6 months but it's going to be a reality check for this group of players, hopefully most of them can actually be coached to be more than the sum of their transfer fees and wages.

Soldato
VDB is used to high pressure etc from Ajax. The best midfielder we have technically speaking

he will no doubt be a starter

hopefully rangnick can see Maguire can’t be used in such a system

Soldato
VDB is used to high pressure etc from Ajax. The best midfielder we have technically speaking

he will no doubt be a starter

hopefully rangnick can see Maguire can’t be used in such a system

Maguire needs protection, he gets that when he plays for England and has been a great player for them for the most part.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Maguire needs protection, he gets that when he plays for England and has been a great player for them for the most part.

Tuchel is also playing with a 37 year old CB who isn't exactly rapid. People really underestimate what a top manager does for a team. Which makes 0 sense because its pretty clear to anyone who watches football that the likes of Guardiola, Tuchel and Klopp are massive factors in their respective clubs fortunes and yet we write off players who haven't done well under awful managers.

Take Liverpool for example. Who on earth would have thought that Matip, Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson would be part of a sensational Liverpool side. Who thought that Salah would become world class and a balon dor contender when he came to Liverpool. Top managers get the best of players.

Perhaps Maguire will be gone under the next manager. Who knows, but its silly to write anyone off until they have been given a chance.

Chelsea went from being expected to challenge for the title to people saying they have a ****, overpriced squad to being strong league contenders and winning the CL last season.

Managers make a massive different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom