I wonder why us shopfloor workers weren't asked.

Caporegime
Its called work, its hard at times. Best we put these folk back into the fields for food then they will really complain about hard work.

me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me
Here's some music they can work to :p

Everybody must work, work harder!

come on sing it with me, join it don't be shy

Soldato
We actually took on more staff during lockdown. A few hundred HGV drivers found new careers as tanker drivers, for example. I daresay our call centres were fully staffed, too.

Soldato
Yes, it was awful, nothing but stress, stress and more stress with stupid bosses being totally clueless. I feel lockdown regular employers took back some control in their lives and realised you don't have to work yourself to the bone in the rat-race to enjoy life

I'd welcome more options to WFH, mine is a right ******* about it
Agree, as an employer. I agree this is what has happened.

Caporegime

Whoever decided to write and post that article could do with coming to work for me for a couple of weeks. In 14 years the longest I have ever had off over Christmas is 4 days!

I am in Christmas Eve and boxing day this year. I never got to lay about furloughed on my backside either.

Caporegime
Whoever decided to write and post that article could do with coming to work for me for a couple of weeks. In 14 years the longest I have ever had off over Christmas is 4 days!

I am in Christmas Eve and boxing day this year. I never got to lay about furloughed on my backside either.

Maybe you should take some more time off?

Soldato
We been shown the Christmas opening hours. They have been extended by two hours 20-23 Dec. No one goes into the store in these hours. Then NYD - which I have booked off 8-8! Everyone moaning is thinking why? In the past we have only opened 10-5. One NYD I worked and we only got a fifth of the takings compared to the average of that day in the week’s takings throughout the year. What’s the point?

Soldato
Who the **** goes shopping on new years day??
Not me! On the only NYD I worked it was dead all day - just got sales in sausages, bacon, bread, eggs and other full English breakfast items.

Think HQ said as it’s a Saturday.

It makes no difference as retired, never work and those jammy sods who never work between Xmas Eve to 2nd Jan (give/take a day - depending on when they fall in the week) forget what day of the week it is.

Even in my previous jobs, I had to attend the those days in between Xmas and NYD if the place wasn’t closed and not on days off. For example- this year it would be 29-31 Dec. One place I worked, head office was in Scotland so even had 2nd Jan off even I worked in their Leeds office!!!

Caporegime
We've had about half our team leave over the last year due to the new working from home policy, staff are feeling incredibly isolated at not having the normal daily social interaction, especially those that live by themselves. Interesting to see such a polar opposite attitude.

Soldato
We've had about half our team leave over the last year due to the new working from home policy, staff are feeling incredibly isolated at not having the normal daily social interaction, especially those that live by themselves. Interesting to see such a polar opposite attitude.
Some former colleagues that have retired in past few years have been struggling. Esp with one. Retired in June 2016. Met up with her and few others post Christmas for a meal. Where she was saying DH was all achy. Turned out to be secondary bone cancer. He deteriorated rapidly and died in the local hospice 5 weeks later. Both her daughters live abroad - Canada and Spain. No other family as DH was only child and her siblings died childless.

Back
Top Bottom