• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Soldato
This is looking pretty good too with the RTX, not sure what the game is like but may give it a shot .

It's actually on steam with English language too :- https://store.steampowered.com/app/1543030/Sword_and_Fairy_7/

Release trailer showing gameplay too, looks pretty good to me, so going to download the free tester demo (demo is not in english but full game is) from steam and see how it is, the full price of it is only £23.79 not bad if good.. At least looks like a 2021 game for a change.

Caporegime
Icarus live now. This game sure does like RAM! First time I seen this amount of RAM being used, 32GB arrived just in time :p

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/icarus-dlss-vs-fsr-comparison/

Native with AA set to high kBXqgIu.jpg

DLSS quality

xsyyHPT.jpg

DLSS balanced

uu0B7mL.jpg

Weird, with FSR (UQ and sharpness turned up and AA to medium resulted in the best result for FSR I found), my fps got worse but it is obviously working as you can see the IQ is noticeably worse and VRAM has dropped, so it is working but not seeing fps boost.

lllMwer.jpg

Obviously something on my end since techpowerup and other people not seeing similar issues with the perf., a restart probably would fix it

Caporegime
Finally played The Ascent as I have Gamepass so it took them a while to fix it, RT in that really adds to the atmosphere, Really wish more games had RT reflections, Global illumination etc...

Yup it is stunning, really good game too.

Check out riftbreaker if you haven't already, it's RT effects are very good.

Also been playing hellblade recently since it got the RT treatment and it's lovely, possibly one of the best visual experiences I've seen, the HDR on oled is jaw dropping.

DLSS being noticeably better again too. People really should stop comparing dlss and FSR until AMD get their ML/AI upscaling sorted with RDNA 3, should be NIS VS FSR instead now.

Soldato
Icarus live now. This game sure does like RAM! First time I seen this amount of RAM being used, 32GB arrived just in time :p

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/icarus-dlss-vs-fsr-comparison/

Native with AA set to high kBXqgIu.jpg

DLSS quality

xsyyHPT.jpg

DLSS balanced

uu0B7mL.jpg

Weird, with FSR (UQ and sharpness turned up and AA to medium resulted in the best result for FSR I found), my fps got worse but it is obviously working as you can see the IQ is noticeably worse and VRAM has dropped, so it is working but not seeing fps boost.

lllMwer.jpg

Obviously something on my end since techpowerup and other people not seeing similar issues with the perf., a restart probably would fix it

That's quite high. Microsoft flight simulator used around 22gb on my system

The next time I buy RAM it will be 64gb, just cause DDR5 sticks are a minimum of 16gb each and I like filling all 4 slots on my boards

Soldato
Hello all,
We’re happy to announce we’ve just released Patch 1.11 for our PC players. Here’s what this patch contains:
  • Graphical Improvements
  • Added Nvidia’s DLSS upscaling technology.
  • Added AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution, replacing FidelityFX CAS.
UI Changes
  • Adjusted settings screen to facilitate the addition of DLSS and FSR.
  • Render Scale option has been removed but same result can now be accomplished by adjusting setting Upscale Method to Simple and adjusting Upscale Quality.

Performance Improvements
  • Improvement to the shader management system. This will result in a few noticeable differences:
  • There is no longer a shader pre-compilation step on startup. The game will always compile shaders during loading and in the background.
  • Stutters during gameplay that used to occur due to background shader compilation have now been significantly reduced.
  • Because shader compilation is still happening in the background you may notice the game having a higher CPU utilization while that is happening.
  • Loading screens will wait for the required shaders to be fully compiled. This may cause loading screens to take somewhat longer on certain systems.
  • On higher spec machines with faster CPUs the loading screens will typically be shorter, due to more efficient shader compilation that better leverages high-end CPUs.
Please ensure your game is up-to-date before heading back out into the wilds, and reach out to us if you’re still experiencing any issues. We appreciate all of your wonderful support and feedback; we wish you a fun-filled festive period!
- Guerrilla

https://twitter.com/Guerrilla/status/1468521127358046208

Caporegime
It seems to have the typical DLSS issue with LOD bias tho (check foliage):
https://imgsli.com/ODUzNDQ

Nice comparison video with FSR/Native here:

Not sure I would say that is a LOD bias thing? DLSS generally "boldens" any fine edges, which isn't ideal but personally I prefer that over jagged edges especially with any form of foliage.

Seems like TAA has some of the usual ghosting/trailing issues, which are enhanced further with FSR, dlss looks to produce a cleaner image, taken from the above video, look at the wooden panels in the tower, notice the way you can see more detail and clear divide/holes in the panels where as fsr/taa image, it looks like there are no holes/detail:

eKvoesc.png

Obviously wouldn't notice when playing but just goes to show once again, how dlss often has better motion clarity than TAA/native implementations.

Associate
The game could use better antialiasing and if DLSS is implemented well then it should look amazing. Probably the only game (so far) that makes me regret not having a DLSS compatible card.

Back
Top Bottom