• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime

That shimmering with FSR :eek:

DLSS improves upon native IQ, meanwhile FSR downgrades the IQ further..... :p

This is exactly the issue/experience I have with FSR, if the games native AA/TAA is **** then FSR is going to enhance the native AA/TAA issues even further, especially since they vastly over sharpen with their method.

Caporegime
Dying light 2 specs;

dlsy.jpg

DLSS should hopefully allow 1440/4k 60+ with all the RT goodness :cool:

Soldato
lol, RTX3080 just for 1080p 60fps

I did expect this game would be poorly optimized given how the previous game ran, but its worse than I expected

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
lol, RTX3080 just for 1080p 60fps

I did expect this game would be poorly optimized given how the previous game ran, but its worse than I expected
I know right. That means the 3090 can’t even do 1440p if you want to play it maxed out :cry:

Really hope that is before DLSS is used.
Pretty sure it is. Basically means for say 4K players you need to stick it on performance mode.

If I am not able to secure one of the new Super cards coming out before the release of the game I still think with a few tweaks to settings and DLSS on performance mode I will be fine playing it at 4K with my 3070.

Caporegime
I say wait and see, remember FC 6 recommended specs and how it ran very well in the end.

Given all the ray tracing effects in this, I am expecting it to be very demanding though, so suspect if I'm playing at 4k, I might use dlss performance/balanced to achieve locked 60 or if playing at 1440 then dlss quality/balanced to achieve 90+ fps with tweaked/optimised settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know right. That means the 3090 can’t even do 1440p if you want to play it maxed out :cry:

Pretty sure it is. Basically means for say 4K players you need to stick it on performance mode.

If I am not able to secure one of the new Super cards coming out before the release of the game I still think with a few tweaks to settings and DLSS on performance mode I will be fine playing it at 4K with my 3070.

Well the Super cards aren't going to be anything special, 10% more cores and a bit more memory on the 3080 from "leaks", Best off saving your dosh for around Q4 when the next proper series is out.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well the Super cards aren't going to be anything special, 10% more cores and a bit more memory on the 3080 from "leaks", Best off saving your dosh for around Q4 when the next proper series is out.
Typically I would. But the fact I could sell my 3070 to CEX for silly money also and people would also likely pay silly money for a card with more vram come next year, I feel it makes sense. Would also get a new toy to play with :)

Also the other kids are making fun of me for only having 8gb vram @gpuerrilla @LtMatt so at least it will solve that issue too :cry:

If I get the 3070 Ti 16GB for example that would mean I would even be in profit after selling my 3070 to CEX. At todays price they offer anyway.

Associate
Screw all this DLSS and FSR stuff, I want to run native resolution :D
To be honest I can't wait until the 4080, the 3080 is not cutting it for me anymore especially with RT you have to use DLSS which I'm not a fan of.

Caporegime
Yet another dlss vs fsr vs nis video!!!!!

Screw all this DLSS and FSR stuff, I want to run native resolution :D
To be honest I can't wait until the 4080, the 3080 is not cutting it for me anymore especially with RT you have to use DLSS which I'm not a fan of.

I'm a big fan of dlss, allows higher visual settings to be used all round especially RT and often better than native IQ if the games default AA is awful, however, as called out when this tech first came out (and got good with dlss 2.0), a lot of developers are falling back on them to not optimise their games to the same extent now :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yet another dlss vs fsr vs nis video!!!!!

I'm a big fan of dlss, allows higher visual settings to be used all round especially RT and often better than native IQ if the games default AA is awful, however, as called out when this tech first came out (and got good with dlss 2.0), a lot of developers are falling back on them to not optimise their games to the same extent now :(
Yep. I was not a fan off DLSS 1.0 but they took a big step with 2.0 and now with 2.3 where they have mostly solved the ghosting issue it just keeps getting better. Just imagine how good DLSS 3.0 will be which I assume will be released with the 4000 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom