Halo Infinite Mulitplayer (free and out now)

Associate
Yeah the power seed games are hit and miss, not down to the actual mode but down to the people playing it lol some games your team actually play as a team and go for the seeds, had a few close games when everyone is playing properly

other times none of the team your on goes for the seeds and like grumpy said they farm kills and play like slayer, these games are majorly frustrating and annoying!

Associate
I've installed the campaign on gamepass and the countdown is now 0:00 but it still says 'pre-order' when trying to launch campaign from the in game menu :/

Edit : restarted gamepass app (this is on pc) and it's found another 3.9 gb update. Hopefully that sorts it

Edit 2 : and now you have to download another 20.9gb from the ingame menu to play the campaign. What was the 66gb I downloaded earliier then ? Lol, silly stuff this is.

Last edited:
Associate
Was going to
I've installed the campaign on gamepass and the countdown is now 0:00 but it still says 'pre-order' when trying to launch campaign from the in game menu :/

Edit : restarted gamepass app (this is on pc) and it's found another 3.9 gb update. Hopefully that sorts it

Edit 2 : and now you have to download another 20.9gb from the ingame menu to play the campaign. What was the 66gb I downloaded earliier then ? Lol, silly stuff this is.
That sounds like a right headache lol if it does all that to me i think i will just uninstall it again haha

Associate
The performance looks horrible, I'm downloading just to see how its going to run at 1440p.
3070 cant hit 1440p/60/Ultra according to computerbase.

Associate
Seems to be doing an infinite update for me on game pass PC[literally its infinite as in going on and on for ever] , ive had nothing but issues with game pass, great value but a terrible program.
Its saying the game is 100% downloaded yet its still downloading.

Associate
Just been watching some livestream of this on the tube of you...looks like a very good game and the best halo in years, think i will buy this on steam, i thought i would only play the multiplayer but after watching some gameplay it looks like very good fun

Soldato
After annoying download process, running pretty well once tweaked settings @4k, though can sense some optimizations are in order.

Use DLSS or turn down the graphics a bit. I'm sure it will look sweet

Does not have DLSS, AFAIK, went looking and not seen an option for it at all anywhere.

Associate
Only a couple of missions in and it seems pretty good so far (I've only just arrived in the open world before I called it a night). The gunplay feels sharp and satisfying like you would expect, some of the guns do seem pretty inferior to others already though, unless it's just me not liking how they feel. The grappling hook seems to be the star so far, getting used to the targeting range will take a little time but I'm constantly trying to use it in both offensive and defensive moves, really good fun.

I think I might need to go and find some plot videos of the previous games to refresh as I have absolutely no idea what is going on at the moment. 1-3 I can remember ok, 4 & 5 I can barely recall anything and I've never played any of the Halo Wars games so there's obviously tonnes of important story points that I've missed :cry:

Soldato
I see looking at DF report on YouTube that the inbuilt vsync gives an odd stutter, can’t say I’ve noticed much and happily flying along with Ultra/4k locked 60, how ever I’ve tried locking vsync via Radeon control panel instead of the inbuilt one but doesn’t seem to lock? Can anyone else have a little test :)

Only gripe so far is the cut scenes are shocking with the stutter/30fps or what ever is going on.

Back
Top Bottom