******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
I've installed this and uninstalled it more times than i care to count and each time i'm met with disappointment and still a half arsed mess. It still runs like crap and there's still barely anything to do, not even a tutorial!

I wish i could refund this but having paid for it in 2013... jumping on that hype train, no one to blame but myself.

Soldato
I've installed this and uninstalled it more times than i care to count and each time i'm met with disappointment and still a half arsed mess. It still runs like crap and there's still barely anything to do, not even a tutorial!

I wish i could refund this but having paid for it in 2013... jumping on that hype train, no one to blame but myself.

I wouldn't be tough on yourself, gaming is now chock full of grifters. We have all been scammed with pre-orders etc, so for that reason, I never pay for anything game related up front, which is the ONLY way to gaurantee a quality product.

Soldato
I wouldn't be tough on yourself, gaming is now chock full of grifters. We have all been scammed with pre-orders etc, so for that reason, I never pay for anything game related up front, which is the ONLY way to gaurantee a quality product.
Ha i did it again with BF2042 but thankfully didn't pay retail! Still i am again stuck with a game that i've thrown a few hours at it's still a mess with no end in sight.

I've actually reverted back to playing older games like the older warhammer RTS series and Age of empires when games were actually good and decent with plenty of replay ability. I dunno maybe im just old and can't deal with games that are basically clones of each other or games which are based off kids games like fortnite and apex. It's kinda lost that unique feeling where i am wowed and can't wait to jump back into it.

I think year and last, despite its sketchy launch Cyberpunk 2077 was one of the few games that wowed me and really got me excited to go back and keep playing it till it ran out of steam.

Soldato
Ha i did it again with BF2042 but thankfully didn't pay retail! Still i am again stuck with a game that i've thrown a few hours at it's still a mess with no end in sight.

I've actually reverted back to playing older games like the older warhammer RTS series and Age of empires when games were actually good and decent with plenty of replay ability. I dunno maybe im just old and can't deal with games that are basically clones of each other or games which are based off kids games like fortnite and apex. It's kinda lost that unique feeling where i am wowed and can't wait to jump back into it.

I think year and last, despite its sketchy launch Cyberpunk 2077 was one of the few games that wowed me and really got me excited to go back and keep playing it till it ran out of steam.

:cry:

Yeah, 90% of the AAA market is game equivalent of the film Industry, oh great here comes another terrible Superhero movie, whoop ti doo!

Older mature games are certainly better, as are AA and Indie games. I never buy anything until it is a finished mature product.

Soldato

Why not just stop playing it and forget about this game and play other video games you enjoy?

No one is forcing you to try this.

Me personally whenever I tried a game and didn't like it, I stop playing it and stop engaging on threads about it more often than not.

Soldato
Why not just stop playing it and forget about this game and play other video games you enjoy?

No one is forcing you to try this.

Me personally whenever I tried a game and didn't like it, I stop playing it and stop engaging on threads about it more often than not.
I did lol, but you see updates and think oh that looks interesting and after awhile you think a lot of updates has happened so lets see how it is now but of course im always proved wrong.

Soldato
I did lol, but you see updates and think oh that looks interesting and after awhile you think a lot of updates has happened so lets see how it is now but of course im always proved wrong.
Wait for the game to go out of alpha/beta?

You say there is nothing to do so wait until there is something you can do in the game and when its stable 100% bug free.

I been a backer since 2014 and it was only last year i started playing properly . In the meantime all i did was watch a few YouTube videos of what’s new to keep up to date. Diddnt play it extensively until i knew what was added in the game was sufficient for me to give it a go

Soldato
I wonder how long it will be before Roberts introduces NFT's?

The backlash has been pretty spectacular so far, Ubi's Quartz went down like a lead balloon, promo video ratio'd to hell and delisted and no-one is buying their garbage from the online storefront, and the Stalker community killed NFT's in the upcoming game, in less than 48 hours.

So I would hope the SC community follows suit and s***s all over any NFT proposals from CIG.

Soldato
OP
I wonder how long it will be before Roberts introduces NFT's?

Sadly I don't think anyone other than CR himself can rule this out, until he's on video saying so I won't believe they wont' somehow jump on the bandwagon.
Personally I think it's daft to incorporate NFTs into games. Although I think NFTs themselves are largely a money laundering function with some people throwing money at it due to fear of missing out tbh.

Associate
This game is good to an extent for an unfinished game and I love what Chris Roberts has done but I wish you couldn't buy ships, its pure pay to win rubbish tbat we dont want in mmos. They should have done it like ashes of creation. That's crowdfunded and only has a cosmetic shop.

I do think he has become greedy and it is taking ages to make.

I mean he has got fat. Too much caviar.

Soldato
This game is good to an extent for an unfinished game and I love what Chris Roberts has done but I wish you couldn't buy ships, its pure pay to win rubbish tbat we dont want in mmos. They should have done it like ashes of creation. That's crowdfunded and only has a cosmetic shop.

I do think he has become greedy and it is taking ages to make.

I mean he has got fat. Too much caviar.
How much has Ashes of creation made through crowdfunding?

I cant wait for that game tbh but it is also taking just as long as SC by the way.

I hear you, This game is taking long to develop but without a similar sized in scope and depth of a game that was already made, we cant compare and realistically say"this game is taking way too long when Game X of a similar kind/depth too just X amount of time"

Man of Honour
The Original kickstarter was back in 2012, so nearly 10 years.

Haha, has it been ten years. I’m so glad I didn’t fall for it. I saw one of the recent updates that delivered 3 things, one of which was a rework, one a building and a tiny map update. People are so invested now they have no choice but to throw more money at it.

Soldato
Sadly I don't think anyone other than CR himself can rule this out, until he's on video saying so I won't believe they wont' somehow jump on the bandwagon.
Personally I think it's daft to incorporate NFTs into games. Although I think NFTs themselves are largely a money laundering function with some people throwing money at it due to fear of missing out tbh.

Yep, they're all going to jump on the bandwagon. Ubi have launched their trash offering already, SQE have announced it's coming. But in the end if people don't engage it will flop altogether, Quartz hasn't taken off at all so far. It depends how many people can see that it's just a scam-economy consisting of digital receipts for things don't exist, that have no use case, no real world value, or artisitic value either, that you don't own or control, as part of a fake economy you have no control over either.

Crypto/Metverse bro's seem more like their target audience rather than gamers. They'll buy any old *****.

Soldato
Still have more fun in this game than pretty much anything else when playing with friends. I still don't understand the hate. It is buggy and taking forever to move forward with things but I am not sure what you are falling for tbh. People here seem really grumpy at just letting a game develop.

The latest patch was super light and it isn't even a proper patch, they should have just called it 3.15.2 instead of 3.16 but it is what it is. The thing is 3.15 only came out November 10th, 3.15.1 patch was 18th November and then 4 weeks later was 3.16 (3.15.2). It is not like it was 3 months between those patch releases with what was light. Also end of Jan/Early Feb there should be a 3.16.1 patch with some more meat on bone with noted features. Since the patch didn't pull in a full new branch of code it is why there was such limitations and tbh it was probably the right call rather than a buggy mess for a few weeks over the xmas/new year period.

The element to take with all that is that it has generally been the most playable version to date with the least 30k's and limited number of completely game breaking bugs in it meaning I have actually put in about 20h whilst off for a week. I have also been getting anything from 50fps in one of the cities to 100fps in space with this patch.

Back
Top Bottom