******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Game aside there are some top OCUK community people playing and having fun with the vapourware.

then there’s Humbug.. ;)
Just spotted your sig, that Org still active? I'm in an Org with another group of friends, but as I understand you can be in multiple Orgs? Would be good to have more people to fly with!

I have basically set all the trolls here on ignore and it is such a nice place to visit and read now :)
Not done that myself. I quite like laughing at the same comments coming back up over and over.

Soldato
Just spotted your sig, that Org still active? I'm in an Org with another group of friends, but as I understand you can be in multiple Orgs? Would be good to have more people to fly with!
I play with those guys too sometimes. Great bunch and yes you can be in multiple orgs. With some ships needing at least 20 people onboard to operate, i foresee many orgs just teaming up together on large group events.

Orgs will be mainly 10-20 members with probably about 5-7 on at a time doing there lil thing together but when some epic dynamic event comes online in say pyro, we get a pioneer or two and join up with another org and let rip in pyro together

Not done that myself. I quite like laughing at the same comments coming back up over and over.

I use ti leave it but got tiresome hearing the same trolls sounding like a broken record when each year, the game keeps growing and more players keep joining the scam of a game.

Last edited:
Soldato
A bit of trolling now and then isn't so bad, as long as it doesn't get personal.

But JonneyMendoza is a special case. He labels anybody that says anything negative, critical or simply disagrees with him about Star Citizen as a 'troll'. He's quaffed so much of Chris Roberts' Kool-aid that it's affected his cognitive processes.

Soldato
OP

I'm rarely on as I struggle to keep up with patches (thanks "broadband"). Although Humbug and some of the others are way more active than me.

Nobody cares how many orgs you are in or whether you are or aren't in ours, just have fun!

Associate
So could someone explain to me; is this a massive persistent universe where I can meet everyone on one "server"? Like, how many people could I interact with at anyone time in a "system"? Could literally hundreds if not thousands of players get together in a fleet? Or does this game use instancing garbage?

Soldato
It's instanced at moment because they working on the tech with server meshing and such to increase player count. 50 people per server currently. It isn't a huge deal right this minute as it only 1 star system but hopefully in the medium term (next couple of years) there will be the second star system and maybe 200-250ish players per instance.

With that it can be fun to play but really we only play as small group of 4-5 people and enjoy doing the missions and that which are in game.

Soldato
Curly posted this on Pegan a short while ago. Very interested... probably be welcomed by the rest of the VR community that play SC.
Right up to the point where it plays those hideously motion-sickening QTEs of you getting in and out of your ship, whereupon everyone will just puke their guts out and never touch VR again......!!

Soldato
OP
I'd welcome QTE if it meant I could get up and in a ship faster when I login.

Takes far too long at the moment, has done for a long time and I don't see it getting better. I get they want it to be more realistic but at this point I'm expecting us to have to log in, get washed, shaved, have breakfast, browse reddit, get dressed, before we even leave the hab to go to the ship.

Soldato
I'd welcome QTE if it meant I could get up and in a ship faster when I login.

Takes far too long at the moment, has done for a long time and I don't see it getting better. I get they want it to be more realistic but at this point I'm expecting us to have to log in, get washed, shaved, have breakfast, browse reddit, get dressed, before we even leave the hab to go to the ship.
I think bed logout is the way to go for this?

Back
Top Bottom