Ahmaud Arbery killing trial

Soldato
Good they are all aholes. As Linda Dunikoski put it today they may have only taken 4 minutes to gun him down but it was a lifetime of conditioning that lead up to the events.

Now for the original prosecutor to get her time in the cell...

Last edited:
Soldato
I am very surprised that the guy taking the video was sent down.
The video shows he was nowhere near the guy when the shooting happened or even before that.

I hope he gets released asap.

Caporegime
Good they are all aholes. As Linda Dunikoski put it today they may have only taken 4 minutes to gun him down but it was a lifetime of conditioning that lead up to the events.

Now for the original prosecutor to get her time in the cell...

Yeah and Ahmoud was a saint all his life. What did he have prior for again?

Arbery pleaded guilty to charges he carried a gun onto a high school campus in 2013, a year after he graduated. Rodney Ellis, police chief for the Glynn County school system, testified at Wednesday's hearing that Arbery tried to evade officers on foot and stopped only when two of them pointed guns at him.

Officer Robert Mydell of Glynn County police testified about Arbery's 2017 arrest on charges that he tried to steal a TV from a Walmart store. Court records show he pleaded guilty to shoplifting.

Two other officers testified they recalled encounters with Arbery, saying he became angry when questioned. He was not charged with crimes in either instance. And a local convenience store manager, Crystal Wilson, told the judge about a young Black man who several times stole food. Wilson said she recognized it was Arbery after seeing his photo in the newspaper after his death.

How would you describe his character?

Soldato

LDqyRRtaqAxLkCBk9

Last edited:
Soldato
But what did he do wrong in this instance?

Background information is irrelevant unless the ones who got sent down for killing him knew this information.

Caporegime

Realistically he probably was being a bit of an opportunist when trespassing/taking a look at the house. Probably would have stolen something if the opportunity presented itself. Fact is he didn’t though, he was suspicious and that might have been good reason to follow or call the police but doesn’t necessarily give anyone the right to run him off the road or threaten him etc..

Guy who shot him deserves to be locked up for some degree of murder. Other guy in that vehicle deserves long sentence too tbh… Don’t think the guy following deserves a life sentence tbh… just some jail time for being part of the group chasing him down. Obvs it became political though…

Soldato
Just wondering. If you check the trial wiki site in the person's mentioned does it state that he was effectively a career/lifetime criminal

Obviously his actions are incongruent with the description here and from his family

Screenshot-20220109-100854-Chrome.jpg

I honestly don't care if he was a criminal.

He was chased down and killed, by idiots.

Caporegime
I'm not a career criminal who took a firearm into a school campus. Nor did I ever steal a TV.

I have also never been convicted of speeding nor have I ever become raucous with the police.

Therefore hypocrite I am not.

In what way is it relevant though? Is it acceptable to kill someone for trespass if they've got a criminal past? What if you don't know they've got a criminal past? The killers didn't know about much or anything about it in this case.

Soldato
Let's just for the sake of this thread and the decency of OcUK forums as a whole come to some acknowledgement that most crimes do not really deserve execution as a result.

Soldato
I wonder if there is some middle ground here, between the fictional narrative of an execution killing, and thoroughly honourable citizens conducting a citizen's arrest..

It seems pretty obvious that he wasn't just guilty of 'being a black man on a jog', he was snooping and from his history probably up to no good, but also there weren't justifiable grounds to hold him via armed force, armed force which escalated severely when he didn't just stay still and wait for police (there's no evidence that they were planning to kill him, although he wasn't to know that I suppose).

I think people who bring weapons in to even a morally justifiable scenario need to realise that the outcome can be hugely problematic even if you 'win' (looking at you Kyle).

Caporegime
I wonder if there is some middle ground here, between the fictional narrative of an execution killing, and thoroughly honourable citizens conducting a citizen's arrest..

It seems pretty obvious that he wasn't just guilty of 'being a black man on a jog', he was snooping and from his history probably up to no good,

From the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52623151

Mr Arbery was out for an afternoon jog in Brunswick on 23 February 2020.

The elder McMichael, a neighbourhood resident, told police he believed Mr Arbery resembled the suspect in a series of local break-ins. Police have said no reports were filed regarding these alleged break-ins.

Police records show one report of theft in the neighbourhood between 1 January and 23 February 2020, US media report. That incident involved Travis McMichael's pistol going missing from the family's unlocked pickup truck on 1 January.

I'm not being funny, but one of the guys found guilty sounds like a moron anyway. Leaving a gun in an unlocked vehicle. That doesn't scream gun safety does it?

footage from a surveillance camera emerged, showing a black man in a white T-shirt - believed to be Mr Arbery - at a home construction site shortly before the shooting.

He is seen walking on to the site and looking around for a few minutes before jogging down the street.

During the trial, the site's owner, Larry English Jr, testified that the man in question had not disturbed or damaged his property during the visit. He added others had also been seen trespassing on his property, but he never authorised the McMichaels to enter his property or confront anyone.

Back
Top Bottom