• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Arc series unveiled with the Alchemist dGPU to arrive in Q1 2022

Associate
I did read if you have onboard graphics it will work in concert with the discreet card to do some tasks but how this will work in practice who knows
Would be an interesting trick which AMD have never managed. You'd think if you ran with an AMD APU and GPU then some of kind of post-processing effects could be run on the APU but nothing ever did. A console might be able to pull that off but who'd design a console with a normal APU and dGPU rather than spec'ing a proper console-level SOC?

Man of Honour
Intels drivers for integrated GPUs are pretty dire, I wouldn't fancy running their dGPU drivers.

I think price and availability will be the deciding factors. If they're available at a low enough price, plenty of people will be willing to take a chance on the drivers. If the price and availability is no better than AMD or nvidia, why bother?

Associate
Would be an interesting trick which AMD have never managed. You'd think if you ran with an AMD APU and GPU then some of kind of post-processing effects could be run on the APU but nothing ever did. A console might be able to pull that off but who'd design a console with a normal APU and dGPU rather than spec'ing a proper console-level SOC?

AMD are doing something with their new laptops and having better communication between the CPU and GPU. Better and more efficient management of the display. Forgot the exact thing but it was just announced.

Back
Top Bottom