official Gears Of War discussion thread

Soldato
You generally pay more in the shops for these games, no doubt this retails at £45ish in the shops so i can't see the prob if somone walks in a day or two earlier and picks it up.

Most prefer getting them cheaper online so you have to wait abit longer i guess for them.

Associate
Gerard said:
Why the hell is it these online companies can break the release date and not care but walk into game or whatever and they go on and on about a highstreet store has to break it before they can sell it. :mad:

The release date has been broken regardless if the companys online or not, people have it so why isn't every store selling it now? gets on my bloody nerves this. :(

I can see your point but highstreet stores have more to loose out on and also don't need to sell the game early.

People are mostly getting the games early online from just shopto. You usually only get games online early from Game and Gameplay a day early or if really lucky two days early.

I'd say the only reason shopto have shipped the games so early is because GOW is a very important game for the 360 and that they are a new company. They are trying to get noticed and they are. Any fines that they get hit by they will pay because they are getting free advertising by word of mouth.

Soldato
mine has now been posted from Jersey.

should be here tomorrow or Friday, but i cant get to the PO to pick it up untill sometime next week.

god damn it!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Soldato
Completed it this morning there was some very frustrating moments in truth was a good game but some memorable moments in the story as it folds. It was quite short story but still going to go through again on Insane difficulty in CO OP so should be fun. :)

Played some Multiplayer also was awesome killed some guy and i heard a chainsaw only to find someone had sneaked up behind me. :o

Also Curb Stomped someone very very fun great game just buy it if you havnt. :)

And before i forget the ending. :eek:

Suspended
got it today thanks to the ******* legends at shopto, the t shirt arrived from usa at the same time as well so ive been sitting here this afternoon with the t shirt on playing the game! i only have a 720p q321 telly but the game looks AMAZING on it, and im still shocked that the videos are on the fly using the console and not pre rendered.

i played a bit of single player, than jumped onto co-op with a mate for a bit then ive been on co-op with another friend. gameplay is fun and weapons are great. the heat coming off the chainsaw gun is awesome. once i fuigred out how to do the chainsaw kills i just keep repeatedly getting the locusts with them, its great fun! to sum it up, great game, awesome graphics, decent online an co-op as well so buy it now!

Soldato
SiD the Turtle said:
Quick question- is it drop in drop out co-op? If I played with a mate, would we have to start from the beginning or could I say be half way though the game and invite someone to play with me?

Drop in - drop out :)

Soldato
tried to preorder the limited from shopto but they were out so "pre-ordered" the standard one.

*waits to see if order will be sent*

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Got this today, and WOW

Best graphics I have ever seen and the game is just so different. Only thing I can compare it to is Resident Evil 4 and thats simply because of the view. But it just feels so different to play to any other shoot em up

Really am impressed although its bloody hard and frustrating :D

Permabanned
McDaniel said:
Drop in - drop out :)

Worth noting tho that as Me, Mcdaniel and Thesnipergecko have found, when you 'drop out' it kicks you to the menu. Your progress aint lost and you can reload but a great addition would have been if when one friend left for whatever reason, the AI took back over and you were free to invite someone else. Would have been more 'seamless' which is how they pitched it initially

Soldato
Had a few games on XBL last night, man it was sooo much fun! 4v4 for most of the time, playing Assasination. When it ends up being 2 of you vs. 1 guy and you can't bloody find him.... then he pops out and chainsaws you :D

Back
Top Bottom