For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm having a week off from the gym aswell. Just finished my 8 rep cycle and I've got 3-4 weeks of all out 5 reps, going to failure for the last two weeks every workout :eek:

Incline Benched the big 95lb DBells today for 8 reps :D bloody murder getting them up on my own though!!

Also managed dips with a 25kg DBell :)

Sore elbows now though and time for a bit of rest.... need to watch my calories though, just weighed myself @ 16st 6lb (230lbs) :eek:

Soldato
Morba said:
ahh pants. went to gym today to do some cardio and just some basic weights to see if everything was ok. Seems that my triceps are rather sore, must have been where i tensed up during the crash :/

That's a low point, but at least you've realised that it would not be a good idea to continue training until you have recovered. Best of luck and I wish you a quick recovery :)

Soldato
I'd like to lose a stone in weight. I was 17st at the beginning of the year and now weigh 16.5 stone. My aim is for 15.5 stone.

Once I'm at a decent weight I'd like to start doing some weights and start going to the gym pending on whether my shoulder will let me.

Caporegime
JonRohan said:
I'd like to lose a stone in weight. I was 17st at the beginning of the year and now weigh 16.5 stone. My aim is for 15.5 stone.

Once I'm at a decent weight I'd like to start doing some weights and start going to the gym pending on whether my shoulder will let me.

question for you, if you are looking to eventually start doing weights, why are you worried about your weight?
are you looking to lose weight or fat ?

Soldato
Morba said:
ahh pants. went to gym today to do some cardio and just some basic weights to see if everything was ok. Seems that my triceps are rather sore, must have been where i tensed up during the crash :/
Hard luck mate, hope you're back in there soon ;)

Just found out I might need surgery to remove scar tissue from my elbows, physio said weight-training might have to go :mad:

Even thinking about trying some deca for it's joint healing capabilities! :eek: Never tried steroids before but if it's that or quit...

Caporegime
^ Unlucky dude. Not been the best of weeks for you has it. First you get called a fatty and now this.

Your physio was probably just giving you the worst case scenario so hopefully it won't come down to surgery.

Soldato
Pigeon_Killer said:
^ Unlucky dude. Not been the best of weeks for you has it. First you get called a fatty and now this.

Your physio was probably just giving you the worst case scenario so hopefully it won't come down to surgery.
lmao you've been reading the forums :D are you a member there?

Yeah hoping so, it was only a phone call and I've described my problems so it's not a certainty by any means so trying to remain positive :)

Associate
Any thoughts on this routine guys?

Monday
==============
Back Squat: 5reps x 5sets
Standing bicep curls: 8reps x 3sets
Pull downs: 8reps x 3sets
Skullcrushers: 8reps x 3sets
Weighted incline sit ups: 8reps x 3sets

Tuesday
==============
Deadlift: 6reps x 4sets
Dips: 8reps x 3sets
Flat bench press: 8reps x 3sets
Flat chest flys: 8reps x 3sets
Upright rows: 8reps x 3sets

Wednesday
==============
Rest

Thursday
==============
Back Squat: 5reps x 5sets
Incline dumbell press: 8reps x 3sets
Incline chest flys: 8reps x 3sets
Pull ups: 5reps x 4sets
Weighted incline sit ups: 8reps x 3sets

Friday
==============
Deadlift: 6reps x 4sets
Dips: 8reps x 3sets
Seated dumbell military press: 8reps x 3sets
Standing dumbbell side laterals: 8reps x 3sets
Bent forward rows: 8reps x 3sets

Any input appreciated :)

Associate
Wouldn't really deadlift twice a week, how you can manage that, I dont know, put some more weight on and do it once :)
Most go for the back-biceps one day chest-triceps the next and legs shoulders the next session.

I would work it around this, would probably be best to know what you do though first, a lot of kids (obviously no overclockers, they read :) ) see what the big guys are doing, and copy that.

Associate
Monday
============== - Lets say this is benchday

Flat bench press - two warmups followed by 5 sets of 8-10, probably going from 10-8 reps
Incline bench Or high and wide Or dips - few sets to pump what you did on bench a bit more on the chest
Can swap with decline/do decline as well for some tricep work.
Tricep pushdowns - work your way up doing 10 reps, when you fail at 9 work back down doing what you can - this will pump the tricep bigtime.
Maybe some situps if you want

Will edit later

Soldato
Heaven Can Wait said:
Monday
============== - Lets say this is benchday

Flat bench press - two warmups followed by 5 sets of 8-10, probably going from 10-8 reps
Incline bench Or high and wide Or dips - few sets to pump what you did on bench a bit more on the chest
Can swap with decline/do decline as well for some tricep work.
Tricep pushdowns - work your way up doing 10 reps, when you fail at 9 work back down doing what you can - this will pump the tricep bigtime.
Maybe some situps if you want

Will edit later

I switch week to week from performing flat bench first, and incline. so week 1 = flat bench, week 2 = incline. Works for me.

Associate
Chong Warrior said:
That's a very strange routine, don't like it at all. Horrible. There's so many things wrong with it I don't know where to start.

Bill Starr's 5x5 is 1000 times better, do that instead ;)

What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom