BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
While I am at it... did anyone else have a scratch on the monitors plastic stright out of the box?

img2067mu1.jpg

Soldato
Yep it has built in speakers, but no one seriously buys a monitor to use the built in speakers. It's not exactly a deciding point in a decision to buy this (I hope). You could always hook it up to your onboard soundcard and use it as the sound device for incoming voice on teamspeak or Skype if you only wanted to use a Mic and no headset.

Last edited:
Soldato
Monitor speakers are quite useful actually, as I had a machine that wasn't posting and my speakers were plugged into the X-Fi - but no error code was being given, but coming out of the onboard sound port on the mobo was the error code :) (but no speakers were connected to it!) so since then I've left the screen speakers connected to that ;)

Associate
IM NOT HAPPY WITH MINE.........:mad::mad::mad:

Its not wall mountable... Thanks for the duff info OCUK.... Looks like i will be returning mine.. And i will not be paying postage.

Anyone else noticed this?

Associate
just got mine. got 1 stuck / dead pixel (actually could be 2 next to each other.) can only see when bg is black and its tiny. good monitor just need to adjust the colour setting i think

Soldato
IM NOT HAPPY WITH MINE.........:mad::mad::mad:

Its not wall mountable... Thanks for the duff info OCUK.... Looks like i will be returning mine.. And i will not be paying postage.

Anyone else noticed this?

Hang on. If it has Vesa holes in the back, then a Vesa wall mount will fit it.
What makes you think it cant be wall-mounted, as I am thinking of wall mounting it, myself?

lbt

lbt

Associate
Wall / Desk mounting

I don't think the carp stand will bother me as it will be bolting on here :)

sammy.jpg

I've noticed this and a couple of other comments about wall/desk mounting.

Plus side: It can be done :)

Minus side: It's not trivial and needs the case opening up :(

The carp stand isn't actually that bad. Just very basic. However the stand 'leg' is not removable from the monitor (and looks dreadful just hanging there). You have to:
* remove the (only) 2 screws at the bottom on the back
* prise off the lower front bezel; gently, using a strong, thin plastic tool so as not to scratch it. There are 2 long bits of plastic that go through the case on the left and right (actually what the screws screw into) and these are a tight fit and need gentle persuasion.
* remove the 2 screws revealed inside
* Unclip the frame mount at the bottom and sides (scary clicking noise!!!) Use the same tool to lever out the sides by 2mm and they'll click off.
* unclip the wiring harness for the front buttons/led
* use a philips screwdriver to remove the 6 screws holding the stand on
* slip the stand out of the case
* reverse the disassembly - it all snaps back nicely.

Hope this helps...

I did it carefully to try it out. It's now back on the stand until my wall mount arrives. I'll try and take piccies next time....

Edit: Updated pictures

The money shot:
19-neat-panel.jpg
:)

And you can see 18 more one at a time with descriptions or all at once, without.

Last edited:
Associate

The carp stand isn't actually that bad. Just very basic. However the stand 'leg' is not removable from the monitor (and looks dreadful just hanging there). You have to:
* prise off the lower front bezel; gently, using a strong, thin plastic tool so as not to scratch it. There are 2 long bits of plastic that go through the case on the left and right (actually what the screws screw into) and these are a tight fit and need gentle persuasion.
* Unclip the frame mount at the bottom and sides (scary clicking noise!!!) Use the same tool to lever out the sides by 2mm and they'll click off.

Hope this helps...

I did it carefully to try it out. It's now back on the stand until my wall mount arrives. I'll try and take piccies next time....

YAY.... What a joke.

Thanks for the info anyway? Are you just gonna use bolts inside as there is not thread?

And say bye bye warranty

Soldato

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the instructions.
Pics would be great, once your wall mount arrives.

Back
Top Bottom