• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When is OcUK getting 2500K in stock?

If the warehouse guys/gals did not get it out today it will go tomorrow, as we told Intel we'd ship the orders as its not our customers should not get punished for a mistake not by OcUK and they said fine.

So about 50-60 of you by the weekend will be using Sandy Bridge. :D

I love you! :p

lol

i assume the bundles will be something like
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz Sandybridge overclocked to 4.60GHz
- Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe Intel P67 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
- RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

just wanted confirmation as i couldn't get home from work fast enough to buy one.

you know that you still have the full system for sale?

Thats why we have 1000+ Sandybridge in stock, our competitors have no stock, fact.

We are not the only customer to get stock, but Intel have several direct customers in the UK and those customers get stock allocated to them and their biggest customers get the stock pre-launch so they can build system and do testing. This is why OcUK already has stock because were one of those bigger customers.

Can you clarify this for me? Your competitors have no stock but you are not the only customer to get stock?

If the warehouse guys/gals did not get it out today it will go tomorrow, as we told Intel we'd ship the orders as its not our customers should not get punished for a mistake not by OcUK and they said fine.

So about 50-60 of you by the weekend will be using Sandy Bridge. :D

I thought you would have sold at least 100 but then again it all depends on how many potential buyers were reading these forums at the time and I suppose a fair percentage are not interested in Sandybridge.

So some competitors did get stock while others didn't.

All Intel covered customers should have stock like we do, if they do not then they have been napping.

However companies that are listing pre-order at the moment are not an Intel covered customer, they probably won't have many stock for launch if any. They only list pre-order now because they are desperate for any kind of sale they can get, so they basically break the rules to try and grow their business and get recognised, which is understandable but its far better to work with Intel and other manufacturers than against them because that way as a business you make a lot more money and post good profits, this in turn makes sure you stay in business.

Wheras Intel covered customers should all have stock for the 9th and some possibly even now just like OcUK do. :)

I am even communicating with Intel right now because its a joke that competitors who are not even a 10th of our size of listing these products in an attempt to get pre-orders when they won't be able to deliver in a timely manner.

We are not the only customer to get stock, but Intel have several direct customers in the UK and those customers get stock allocated to them and their biggest customers get the stock pre-launch so they can build system and do testing. This is why OcUK already has stock because were one of those bigger customers.
Make your mind up, either the other retailers aren't getting stock or they are.

Also stating that other retailers will be selling grey stock is I'm sure pure speculation and slanderous? What proof have you got for that?

I realise you work on commission and itching to upgrade your car again but spreading disinformation is pretty bad imo.

It will remain to be seen what stock other retailers get suffice to say I'm sure it would be pretty idiotic for Intel to only supply one UK etailer when there are others just as big if not bigger than OCUK (perhaps you're confusing size with profit margins). No doubt the Office of Fair Trading would be interested if what you describe was actually the case.

Make your mind up, either the other retailers aren't getting stock or they are.

Also stating that other retailers will be selling grey stock is I'm sure pure speculation and slanderous? What proof have you got for that?

I realise you work on commission and itching to upgrade your car again but spreading disinformation is pretty bad imo.

It will remain to be seen what stock other retailers get suffice to say I'm sure it would be pretty idiotic for Intel to only supply one UK etailer when there are others just as big if not bigger than OCUK (perhaps you're confusing size with profit margins). No doubt the Office of Fair Trading would be interested if what you describe was actually the case.

Read all my post. I've already stated only Intel covered customers have stock prior to launch. Thats us and Intels other direct customers, unless they have been napping and not taken stock early. Anyone who is not a direct customer listing for pre-order their stock could possibly come from a none authorised source, I've stated the different types of grey stock and that most grey stock is still fully covered by warranty. But from time to time their is grey stock that is not covered though this is rare but it does happen.

If I wanted to upgrade my car I'd do it right now, I don't rely on commission to fund my lifestyle, only dumb idiots would rely on comissions as they are not guaranteed. My next car purchase is March/April irrelevent of where I work or any comission, there is no way I am changing my car now during winter when its outfitted with winter tyres.

I've already stated others will or should have stock, have you read my other post?

We are one of Intel's largest etail customers in the UK or its certainly what they make us believe but as I've worked at two other etailors in the UK and have close relationships with distribution and manufacturers I can say for sure our sale figures on certain CPU lines are amongst the best if not the best. Though at the same time there are certain CPU lines where our run-rates are amongst the worse, so it all balances out.

I've even made an announcement stating customers should only buy from etailors showing IN STOCK if they want their order on time, I've not said buy from OcUK, I've said only buy from etailors showing stock.

All Intel covered customers should have stock like we do, if they do not then they have been napping.

However companies that are listing pre-order at the moment are not an Intel covered customer, they probably won't have many stock for launch if any. They only list pre-order now because they are desperate for any kind of sale they can get, so they basically break the rules to try and grow their business and get recognised, which is understandable but its far better to work with Intel and other manufacturers than against them because that way as a business you make a lot more money and post good profits, this in turn makes sure you stay in business.

Wheras Intel covered customers should all have stock for the 9th and some possibly even now just like OcUK do. :)

Thanks for the reply Gibbo, appreciated.

Since there is an NDA in force are any of them actually allowed to show stock?

Reading other etailer forums any mention of Sandy Bridge is met with replies saying "sorry, NDA" and locked threads, in fact it would appear OCUK are the only ones have to jumped the gun and started selling/taking payment for SB CPUs in advance of the official release date?

Also being pedantic I have read your posts and you've flitted about from saying verbatim "our competitors have no stock, fact" to "All Intel covered customers should have stock like we do".

If there is an NDA in force and/or they aren't allowed to sell before a certain date how can they show anything else except "Pre-order" ?

This whole "oops we released our prices too early, let a handful of people buy them and now we've removed the prices and are sticking to the NDA" seems awfully stage managed to me to be honest, whip up some interest, make out that no other etailer has stock (because none of them have yet broken the NDA) and that coupled with the whole specious "grey stock" speculation seems quite unprofessional imo?

Anyway I'm quite sure no one even cares either way so will draw a line under it, I just think it's a shame to act in this way.

Last edited:
Since there is an NDA in force are any of them actually allowed to show stock?

Reading other etailer forums any mention of Sandy Bridge is met with replies saying "sorry, NDA" and locked threads, in fact it would appear OCUK are the only ones have to jumped the gun and started selling/taking payment for SB CPUs in advance of the official release date?

Also being pedantic I have read your posts and you've flitted about from saying verbatim "our competitors have no stock, fact" to "All Intel covered customers should have stock like we do".

If there is an NDA in force and/or they aren't allowed to sell before a certain date how can they show anything else except "Pre-order" ?

This whole "oops we released our prices too early, let a handful of people buy them and now we've removed the prices and are sticking to the NDA" seems awfully stage managed to me to be honest, whip up some interest, make out that no other etailer has stock (because none of them have yet broken the NDA) and that coupled with the whole specious "grey stock" speculation seems quite unprofessional imo?

Anyway I'm quite sure no one even cares either way so will draw a line under it, I just think it's a shame to act in this way.

An NDA basically means the reseller should not release specification, price or sell. So listing without stock breaks an NDA as your giving pricing and specifications away.

We were told to go live and sell due to a communication error. We can actively discuss Sandybridge as of today and even post reviews. This is where confusion arised from, the press/reviews can go live from today, but sales (taking pre-orders) cannot go live until the 9th.

So selling them or taking pre-orders is forbiddon, but as it was a honest mistake earlier due to an email from an authorised source saying list and sell now, ourselves were quick to act and we did. As did many others but we were the only one out of about 5 who went live to have *IN STOCK* and when Intel informed us of a mistake, we pulled the product back down.

But a few none Intel covered customers have refused to pull it down, even after been requested too.

I will hold my hands up me saying competitors have no stock and comepetitors who are Intel covered do have stock, is my poor grammar because my grammar skills are poor and half the time I don't make sense to myself, so apologies for any confusion there.

Its not staged at all, come to OcUK tomorrow, I will show you the email from a huge official manufactur stating go live, when then 2hr later Intel sent a follow up email saying its a mistake, please adhere to the NDA agreement.

The authorised source who sent this email is a major motherboard manufacturer and the email has caused a lot of headaches, I am not gonna say names as that is unfair, but an honest mistake happened, many acted on it including OcUK and we sold several units and then we had to pull them down.

It is a shame this is how it is, but business is business and competitors listing pre-order have a serious advantage to others who don't even have it listed. OcUK is not at all happy about this and am sure others are feeling the same and are equally as annoyed.

As it stands right now we've been in discussions with Intel tonight and were now at a point of do we launch or not, Intel have requested us not to do so, but if we do so they won't hold it against us as they understand our position..........

I don't think there is any evidence that OCUK has tried to 'whip up interest'. Just doing a search for Sandy Bridge brings up lots of media sites saying that the launch has been very confusing Intel verbally shifting dates around.

Its a bonus that some people will get their kit before the 'official' launch and for those that were not lucky enough, then you will get to see some real results and feedback on the forum regarding the retail parts before you decide what to buy.

There must have been a lot of orders because the warehouse could not get them all shipped even though many orders were placed well before the 4:30PM cut off. It seems demand is high.

Mine in in the warehouse queue and should ship tomorrow. I will be building it to overclock to the max and will be posting my findings as soon as I can.

An NDA basically means the reseller should not release specification, price or sell. So listing without stock breaks an NDA as your giving pricing and specifications away.

We were told to go live and sell due to a communication error. We can actively discuss Sandybridge as of today and even post reviews. This is where confusion arised from, the press/reviews can go live from today, but sales (taking pre-orders) cannot go live until the 9th.

So selling them or taking pre-orders is forbiddon, but as it was a honest mistake earlier due to an email from an authorised source saying list and sell now, ourselves were quick to act and we did. As did many others but we were the only one out of about 5 who went live to have *IN STOCK* and when Intel informed us of a mistake, we pulled the product back down.

But a few none Intel covered customers have refused to pull it down, even after been requested too.

I will hold my hands up me saying competitors have no stock and comepetitors who are Intel covered do have stock, is my poor grammar because my grammar skills are poor and half the time I don't make sense to myself, so apologies for any confusion there.

Its not staged at all, come to OcUK tomorrow, I will show you the email from a huge official manufactur stating go live, when then 2hr later Intel sent a follow up email saying its a mistake, please adhere to the NDA agreement.

The authorised source who sent this email is a major motherboard manufacturer and the email has caused a lot of headaches, I am not gonna say names as that is unfair, but an honest mistake happened, many acted on it including OcUK and we sold several units and then we had to pull them down.

It is a shame this is how it is, but business is business and competitors listing pre-order have a serious advantage to others who don't even have it listed. OcUK is not at all happy about this and am sure others are feeling the same and are equally as annoyed.

As it stands right now we've been in discussions with Intel tonight and were now at a point of do we launch or not, Intel have requested us not to do so, but if we do so they won't hold it against us as they understand our position..........
Thanks for taking the time to write that, it was an informative read and was both measured and moderate. :) Apologies for any offence caused, I guess I'm just too cynical for my own good!

I wont hold it against you if you want to launch early :)

I have a 2500k and p67 mobo in my basket as we speak.
Will this be shipped tomorrow if i confirm my order now? I know you are shipping for the people who were quick enough to order theirs earlier but this seems a little different as i havent actually paid yet.

I wont hold it against you if you want to launch early :)

I have a 2500k and p67 mobo in my basket as we speak.
Will this be shipped tomorrow if i confirm my order now? I know you are shipping for the people who were quick enough to order theirs earlier but this seems a little different as i havent actually paid yet.

If the website lets you put it through then yes it will ship tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom