New OCUK Dark theme out now, get it while it's hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Oh man this is epic! Thanks I love it over the blue default style miles nicer! Be even better if you could have it coded as a proper vBulletin theme so as everybody could use it :) regardless of their browser choice.

Stoner81.

Associate
I love this! It looks so good!

One slight problem though, I can't seem to get the rounded quote boxes in chrome which is quite annoying as they look so good! lol

Edit: To change this which part of the code am I looking for and what should it be changed to?

I have no experience with coding really so I had a look but it was just :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Guide on how to get dark theme on Android devices:

You can also install straight from userstyles.org in firefox now using stylish as seen here.

This will only work in Opera mobile.

Open up Opera Mobile and type opera:config in the address bar, you should end up with a page that looks like this:

536336476.png

Scroll down to user prefs and scroll further down to find User Javascript & User Javascript HTTPS, tick both of those boxes. Next edit the field User Javascript File and put in /mnt/sdcard/userjs/ click the save button at the bottom.

Next open up a file manager and create a directory on your SDCard called userjs then download the ocuk.js file and put it in that folder:

http://chaoticsignal.com/uploads/ocuk.js

Now restart Opera (you may have to force close it) and OCUK should now be dak on the move too :)

753712529.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm trying to change how the devianT version of the theme displays highlighted search terms when you reach a thread from search results (currently it makes them bold) but my CSS sucks, so far I have:

Code:
@-moz-document url-prefix("http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=") {

.highlight {font-weight:normal; color:red}

}

I'm trying to make the words which have the class, highlight, red. What am I doing wrong? :p

Soldato
If you're overwriting existing statements you may need to increase the precedence of them by using the !important flag...

Code:
@-moz-document url-prefix("http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=") {
    .highlight {
        font-weight: normal !important; 
        color: red !important;
    }
}

Soldato
According to firebug its still being overwritten by something even with the !important flag (the bold color part on line 2 has a line though it):

Code:
.highlight {
[COLOR="Gray"][B]    color: #FF0000;[/B][/COLOR]
    font-weight: bold;
}
// from showthread.php (line 214)

html, body, table, div, tr, td, tbody, span, fieldset, legend, a, strong {
    color: #000000 !important;
    font-family: Tahoma;
}
//from /*Stylish Overlay*/

Does it matter where in the stylish script I put it? Its currently at the bottom.

Soldato
Right, the problem is because the colour coming from the second selector already has !important on it, plus it's on a Tag, so has higher precedence anyway.

Without getting into the order of CSS selectors and boring everyone, the quickest way to do it is to add a parent selector (or two) to the .highlight class.

Eg.
Code:
HTML BODY DIV .highlight {
    colour: #FF0000 !important;
}

Soldato
Changed it to

Code:
HTML BODY DIV SPAN .highlight {
        color: #FF0000 !important;
    }
}

I added a SPAN since it uses <span class="highlight">search term</span> to format it, still doesn't work and gets overridden as before! I give up, its only a minor thing :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom