New OCUK Dark theme out now, get it while it's hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
**** NEW THREAD HERE ****

909053367.png

--> LATEST UPDATE HERE <--

So I've been tinkering around for the last few days sprucing up the old dark theme with some fixes, icons and a spit & polish. If you don't know how to use userstyles with your browser click on the links below to install stylish for firefox/chrome or for the instructions on how to add for Opera/Safari. Sorry nothing on how to do it for IE yet. Now available for Android!

790588083.png
790588083.png
790588083.png
790588083.png
404972381.png
790588083.png

Then get the code here: http://userstyles.org/styles/25712/overclockers-dark-v2-0

Configurable options:

General Icons
976228796.jpg

Thread Icons
974379373.png

Post Icons
484468575.jpg

Quote Boxes
598789817.jpg

If anyone can tell me how these can be used in IE too I'll add it up.

Also don't forget to grab the dark favicon too:
840318883.png
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18175959&highlight=dark+theme+username_skyfall

I like it except for the thread icons (envelopes), I'll have to use the old ones, you can't tell which threads have new posts in them very clearly from the colour of the envelope any more. Where as before it was a distinct grey/red.
I mainly look at the little orange arrow for new replies :)

How do you remove it?
You can't! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, you can, go into the stylish extension and remove it.

Does this one not work in Opera then?? Because I use opera and am using the "old" dark theme perfectly fine. Surely this one isn't so different that it doesnt work in Opera?
It should work just as well... There's nothing fundamentally different with it.

It's not incompatible, I just don't know how to install it to Opera... Post a guide :)

Can you redo this with the right side banner being enabled?
I can, is the godfather displeased with the ad hiding?

Edit: Put the advert back in to avoid taking a sleep with the fish.

Last edited:
I'll add an option a bit later for the forum link text, also out of interest do you think it's worth changing the link colour in threads to something like orange/red?

Also, for those that like the blue theme I think I might have a little go at sprucing that up a little.

I meant it... I want this in Maxthon!

Make it so!

please?
I had a look at it the other day, I even installed maxthon but I just don't know how to make filters... Or even how to use them in maxthon 3...

on my screenshot earlier on in the thread you'll notice i had red text for both thread starter and last poster in forum view. i also use red for the username in the thread view too. i can see it fine but someone was moaning about it being unreadable. :p

quotecode.png

also, my quote/code boxes have the same solid squared borders but curved "titles".

my hyperlinks have the same hover colour as the original blue forum

ocuk hover.png

i think that's about it really.
Will add those a little later.

Will add those a little later.
I've added those to the alternate theme now, quote boxes will have to be selected as "alternate theme" to go with your options.

Also tweaked a few things for the Original theme, links are now a little lighter but not full on white, hover colour is now yellow and square quote boxes no longer have dashed outline, also moved the bit that says quote/code to the very left as it should be for square boxes. See OP for new quote box style.

Although my quote boxes themselves are dotted lines, not solid boxes like they used to be lol
(even changed between 'alternate theme' and 'original theme' and the boxes are still square :()
Option now for the alt quote/code boxes :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom