*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Could anyone be so kind as to recommend me the following.....

Desktop Dock (Charger included?)
Case (thin as possible, just o add grip really this thing is like a bar of soap!)
Screen Protector? I never had one on my Desire but this thing feels so fragile I'm a bit worried to throw it in my gym bag etc. like my Desire.

I have had a look through this thread, but theres so much! I figure people have pretty much decided what the 'best' selection is by now? Aka, what does MRK have :p?

Oh I have a few things here and there :p

I like to go commando on the screen protector front though.

Associate
Hello again,

I found this website last night (Music plays at start, turn your volume down or click the sound icon on the bottom right of the website) and have fallen for this leather case.

From what I can gather it's a French brand and the quality is superb. I'm about to place my order for the "Perpetual" black leather but I really do like the "Exceptional" vintage/weathered look.

Has anybody had any previous experiences with this brand/case? I may just hang on for a bit before placing my order to see what you lot think since it's going to cost just shy of £50 including delivery from France. :)

Last edited:
Associate
My Mesh vent case has broken. The thin bit of plastic on the front side of the headphone socket has snapped, leaving a slight gap.

Bit annoying, but I was going to replace the case anyway as I don't like the "coin stand" bit on the back. Was thinking of just cutting it off with a knife, but will get a rock case instead.

Soldato
So I got the Nillkin yesterday.

Don't bother with its screen protector, it doesn't cover the entire front and it is quite grippy/sticky.
The case is exactly the same as the ROCK when looking at the thickness and the way it covers the phone. However despite its rubbery look it is quite slippy in the hand, maybe it is just my experience with the ROCK case but I feel like I'm going to drop it constantly.

I'm sticking to the ROCK case.

Soldato
Heads up if you're looking for a car dock. This is a Samsung product (ECS-V1B7BEGSTA) designed for the US/Canadian Samsung Infuse 4G phone. Luckily it fits the S3 perfectly. It's a very solid mount. And a great fit for the S3, very positive clip in. I need two hands to remove/fit the phone, ymmv. Slide the usb lock across to connect and it goes straight into car mode automatically. Apart from the micro usb connector, it also has audio output jacks on the back. Bought from ebay US seller tech2date (110900149036), took 7 days to arrive and cost just £13.44 delivered.

P1030174.jpg

samsung-infuse-4g-vehicle-navigation-mount-vertical-windshield-view.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Well my grey rock case arrived today. It had kind of like a ... flake in the top corner, almost like a frayed bit of cardboard. Had to pull it off it was annoying and there is now a black mark where it had been.

Is this common with the rock cases or is it worth tryin to get a replacement?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Looking at ordering a 32Gb SD card and theres a few around the same price...

Lexar 32GB Micro SD HC memory card with Reader / Class 10 ~£16ish
SanDisk Mobile Ultra Android microSDHC UHS-I Card 32 GB with Adapter ~£22ish
Samsung 32GB Micro SD HC Memory Card Class 10 ~£22ish

Theyre all advertised as class 10 but no info on read/write speeds.
Anyone got any of them or can suggest which is best for the money?

The missus's S3 arrived yesterday mine should arrive today.
got the bendy screen mount linked to above, pretty damn steady tbh.
Also got a pack of 8 screen protectors from timri, very nice also and far easier to apply than the Zagg ones.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Yeah so those screen protectors are far less fiddly then the zagg stuff however on the 2 s3s I've now used them on they both refuse to stick at the bottom right boo. Been plalying with the phone and must say they don't effect the usability of the phone/screen

Back
Top Bottom