*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Soldato
I'm musing over the Otterbox cases as the phone will be carried with me in a Kriega waist pack while out on my motorbike (main/only form of transport). The defender would be best perhaps as it has the 'belt holster' that can clip on over the screen. I do kind of like the blue Commuter though.

Anyone had any experience of these cases on other phones?

Soldato
Well seems I've joined the "something has scratched my S3 screen but no friggin idea what" club. The scratch is absolutely tiny and barely visible but now i know its there..... grrr
Ah well... for the first time in 4 years of smart phone ownership I shall be buying myself a screen protector :mad:

Happened to me with the G2, 1cm line that barely visable within the first month but i've always been careful, not had any other since either :confused:

Soldato
SkyGo is very easy to get working :).

There's a test APK floating around (I'll try and dig up the link for you in a second) which usually works without issue on the S3. If you're rooted you can just use voodoorootkeeper to hide the root while you use SkyGo, and then re-root with one click of a button in the app when you're done.

Edit - One of the APKs in these links should work, I can't remember which though (there's only 2 to try though)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1506967
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22801668&postcount=555

Hi mate, I wish it was that simple. I've been using the skygo_test apk previously on my Note with OTA rootkeeper to hide the root and its been working perfectly. Not having much luck on the S3 though.

The app in your first link gives me an error saying sky go is not supported on this device. The app in your second link installs fine, but just hangs on loading 0% and stays there. I've also tried the skygo_test apk which I was using previously on my Note, and also skygo_test_0.1.5 and these also just hang on loading 0%. Sky News works on them, but nothing else.

Have you got Sky Go running on your rooted S3?

Soldato
Flip cases are lame :p

But one saved the screen on my Note last night when some idiot rang my landline while the Note was on my lap as I watched tv, the lack of consideration of some people, anyway it landed on an upturned plug screen first or should I say flip first, zero damage.

I've launched a wide ranging inquiry into the issues exposed by the event, covering upturned plugs, proper placement of phones when not in use and landline answering protocols. The results will be made public when the process is complete est time 15 years.

Soldato
Hi mate, I wish it was that simple. I've been using the skygo_test apk previously on my Note with OTA rootkeeper to hide the root and its been working perfectly. Not having much luck on the S3 though.

The app in your first link gives me an error saying sky go is not supported on this device. The app in your second link installs fine, but just hangs on loading 0% and stays there. I've also tried the skygo_test apk which I was using previously on my Note, and also skygo_test_0.1.5 and these also just hang on loading 0%. Sky News works on them, but nothing else.

Have you got Sky Go running on your rooted S3?

Yeah I've got it working using the method above. Obviously it doesn't work till I hide root, but then it works perfectly. I think it was one of the apks from the links I posted, then just voodoorootkeeper to hide root.

Soldato

Just for interest I just used OTA rootkeeper and my new SG app, the old one stopped working, and my Note got Sky again, iirc I got the new app off XDA pos Intratech, not sure though it's been a week or so, not even sure how old the "new" app is, it could be quite old but at least it's an avenue for you to investigate.

Associate
Which desktop dock are people recommending?
I bought the £13 dock with spare battery charger off the bay and it's pants - phone sits awkwardly and the micro USB connection is slightly too tight.

Back
Top Bottom