*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Associate
Just ordered this from the rainforest

"SanDisk Ultra Android 64GB MicroSDHC Class 10 Bi-coloured Card with Adapter"

£46.26 with free delivery. Seems like a bargain, can anyone see any problem?

Associate
Heads up if you're looking for a car dock. This is a Samsung product (ECS-V1B7BEGSTA) designed for the US/Canadian Samsung Infuse 4G phone. Luckily it fits the S3 perfectly. It's a very solid mount. And a great fit for the S3, very positive clip in. I need two hands to remove/fit the phone, ymmv. Slide the usb lock across to connect and it goes straight into car mode automatically. Apart from the micro usb connector, it also has audio output jacks on the back. Bought from ebay US seller tech2date (110900149036), took 7 days to arrive and cost just £13.44 delivered.

Looks identical to the one I had for my S2. I tried my S3 in it and although it did fit, it was really tight and not something I would recommend. Are you sure it's a good fit?

Please don't take offence.

Soldato
Looks identical to the one I had for my S2. I tried my S3 in it and although it did fit, it was really tight and not something I would recommend. Are you sure it's a good fit?

Please don't take offence.
None taken, the fit is perfect. Like it was made for it. Not excessive, goes in solidly, pops out easily enough. I wouldn't use it if I thought it would damage my pride and joy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1725013

Was it the exact same one, because there's many variants on it?

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Personal preference but the Casemate Barely There is not as nice to hold as the genuine Rock case. No case is. The Casemate is like all other hard cases, smooth to the touch and will show grease marks from fingers etc.

Soldato
Cheers, have taken the plunge on the Rock. Wasn't planning on getting the S3 but jumped on a 12 month One X deal, changed my mind, rang up to return it and they offered a straight swap for the S3. Would have be rude not to!

Soldato
Used my Osomount Spacemount over 600Miles this weekend, stuck it to the dash on Friday, stayed on there till Monday.

Worked great, only thing I needed to do was mount phone in a way that 1 corner was rested against the dash as it is prone to vibration, doubly so in my car which is a little stiffer than most!

Associate
hi looking for a incar charger that also lets you tune device into radio to play music off mobile.
used to have I for iphone but can't seem to find anything like it for Samsung.anyone know of 1 ?
don't have phono jack on car stereo.
cheers for any help.

Caporegime
Finally got a call from the Samsung store in Stratford westfield earlier this morning, saying that my free flip case as come in. Went in to pick it up, its the official flip case and its not bad actually although i wont be using it so have put it back in its box. Seems like you have to remove the backplate and fit the case, which comes with its own backplate.

Dont know if ill keep it or just flog it for a few quid, its not a case i will be using anytime soon as i keep my phone in a fitbag pouch.

Soldato
Which case and screen protector should I go for then guys? :)
The general consensus is the Rock Quicksand or Nilkin case, screen protector wise I haven't seen a whole lot of agreement in the thread so went for cheapo ones that I think Richdog recommended a few pages back.

Best place to get a genuine rock case?
eBay, I went with a UK seller just for speed of delivery for £10.50 I think.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Genuine ROCK case = one with the logo on the back and very textured finish, the fake ones are smoother to the touch even though they look the same. Are also a bit thinner.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Heads up if you're looking for a car dock. This is a Samsung product (ECS-V1B7BEGSTA) designed for the US/Canadian Samsung Infuse 4G phone. Luckily it fits the S3 perfectly. It's a very solid mount. And a great fit for the S3, very positive clip in. I need two hands to remove/fit the phone, ymmv. Slide the usb lock across to connect and it goes straight into car mode automatically. Apart from the micro usb connector, it also has audio output jacks on the back. Bought from ebay US seller tech2date (110900149036), took 7 days to arrive and cost just £13.44 delivered.

P1030174.jpg

samsung-infuse-4g-vehicle-navigation-mount-vertical-windshield-view.png

Was very tempted by that but appears hes outta stock :(
Gooseneck thing bounces aroudn too much fro my liking.

Are you using your phone without a case?
I'm using a cheapo rock, any udea if it will fir with the case on?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom