***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Is this definitely an upgrade over the s3 if u dont care about storage size and just want the phone to run fast/play games on? Dont want to sell my s3 for 250 and then find out that i downgraded.

Is this definitely an upgrade over the s3 if u dont care about storage size and just want the phone to run fast/play games on? Dont want to sell my s3 for 250 and then find out that i downgraded.

No it'd be hardly any different for those reasons.

S3 running JB is very fast and smooth - and I'll eat my hat if it doesn't play all the games in 2013.

As said the GS 3 will still handle all games for at least another year, can't even see it struggling for another 2-3 years unless games become even more demanding.

Aside from storage and possibly the camera quality, it is a worthy upgrade to the GS 3 for all the reasons listed before imo.

I wouldn't just upgrade for the sake of a faster CPU/GPU though.....

Last edited:
As said the GS 3 will still handle all games for at least another year, can't even see it struggling for another 2-3 years unless games become even more demanding.

Aside from storage and possibly the camera quality, it is a worthy upgrade to the GS 3 for all the reasons listed before imo.

I wouldn't just upgrade for the sake of a faster CPU/GPU though.....

Why not if it doesnt cost you anything? :| Will i get better fps on this in GTA3 for instance as i have actually found my s3 to lag a bit. Also i didnt notice a difference going from 4.0.4 to 4.1 on s3 anyway smooth wise.

Stock android appeals to me, as does the look of this new phone. So although i am sure my s3 would manage games etc for remainder of my contract its more a case of if this manages them 'better' =]

Last edited:
will nexus 4 have nfc?

Yes.

Features:
  • Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
  • 4.7-inch 1280 x 768 IPS Display (320 ppi)
  • 1.5GHz Quad Core Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 8 MP BSI camera with LED Flash
  • 1.3 MP front-facing camera
  • Up to 16GB of internal storage
  • 2, 100 mAh battery
  • 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1 mm dimensions
  • Weighs 139g
  • Wireless Charging
  • NFC
  • micro SIM card
  • Notification LED at the bottom

Why not if it doesnt cost you anything? :| Will i get better fps on this in GTA3 for instance as i have actually found my s3 to lag a bit. Also i didnt notice a difference going from 4.0.4 to 4.1 on s3 anyway smooth wise.

Stock android appeals to me, as does the look of this new phone. So although i am sure my s3 would manage games etc for remainder of my contract its more a case of if this manages them 'better' =]

As kona has pointed out before in this thread, the difference isn't going to be huge in speed/smoothness and essentially if you're after just speed and nothing else it doesn't make much sense :p

That lag will purely come down to software optimisation with touchwiz or/and hardware, the hardware isn't lacking any power, the game developers are to blame for that.

Could run on the N4 better, but if it did it would be due to it being better optimised for the hardware/stock android.

That is another advantage of nexus phones, the apps are more likely to be problem free as they are developed using stock android as the base and are always tested on nexus phones, you see so many apps that are constantly updated to fix problems for HTC sense devices and Samsung devices, have noticed that there have been quite a few problems with apps and the GS 3 ever since it came out as when I update my apps, I quickly skim through the "what's new" and for nearly all of them they always listed something about a fix or fixed a compatibility issue for the GS 3.

And once again as kona pointed out :p If stock android and the design appeals to you then go for this! :)

What should i get? The Nexus 4 or the Lumia 920.
Seriously, which is better as a user experience?

Depends entirely on what software you want. Most of us here rather have android :p :D

In terms of the phones themselves.

Only advantages of the lumia is the screen, far better camera overall.

For me the design, weight completely ruin it.

Last edited:
Possibly a silly question, but I'm currently on a 24 month Tesco contract (Galaxy Ace :rolleyes:). Can I buy a N4 from Google and swap the sim over?

Yes, but you would need to cut it to micro SIM size. Or you could ask Tesco to sed you a micro SIM and then put that in the N4. I think most providers send out extra SIMs for free or a few quid.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom