***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

If you saw The Verge's interview with google about the Nexus 4, they actually shipped in a LG team from Korea to the US and had them work in Google HQ while designing the device. I'm confident we won't need to use caution when buying this device, and even if we do we are dealing with Google direct, their returns and warranty are pretty good.

Yeah, hopefully they haven't done much cost cutting on the 8GB model :D

The only concerns are...

Outdoor screen performance:
It looks similar to something like a HTC One V. Not shockingly bad like a Desire but not class leading like a SGS3, iPhone 5, Lumia 920 (or HOS... :p)
The polariser type also effects viewing angles more than the others, actually I bet they use/license the same optical layer system as Sony! Which isn't a bad thing, you just don't get that 'floating' display feel.

Average 8MP camera:
Cost cut 1.1 micron sensor/lens combo that's not as good as SGS3/One S.

Storage:
Low quality eMMC again?

All good points. What makes the S3 camera hardware better exactly?

Just got my sim-only from Three and PAC code from Tmobile.

Crikey T-mobile did their best to tell me that Three are awful and I'll never be able to do anything with my new phone, ever.

I think the camera may end up surprising everyone when reviews start to trickle out, in interviews Google said they have been working very hard on low light performance on the N4 and they seem very happy with their photo quality.

They are pushing a completely revamped camera UI with new features in 4.2, they have probably been working pretty damn hard on making sure the photos are up to scratch.

Probably a stupid question but does anyone know if I move from my current HTC Desire to this phone will I be able to install all the apps and games I have previously purchased?

I'm confident we won't need to use caution when buying this device, and even if we do we are dealing with Google direct, their returns and warranty are pretty good.

Really?? The Nexus 7 thread is full of people cancelling orders several times only to have them delivered anyway, trying to return products and failing, trying to return products and returning them only to get no notice of when a refund would be issued, not getting any info on replacements etc. etc.

Really?? The Nexus 7 thread is full of people cancelling orders several times only to have them delivered anyway, trying to return products and failing, trying to return products and returning them only to get no notice of when a refund would be issued, not getting any info on replacements etc. etc.

That's exactly what I thought! Google's CS seems terrible!

All good points. What makes the S3 camera hardware better exactly?

Apparently the Optimus G 8MP/N4 is using a Sony 1.1µm sensor and possibly a 4 groups/4 elements lens. (ISX014 hopefully) This is a cut down version of the 13MP unit (same 1.1µm pixels but physically larger) for smaller packaging and cost.

Not bad but it'll be grainier with less detail that those larger, higher end units. Engadgets review of the Optimus G seems like a good indication of performance.

When the actual manufacturing price difference between 16GB of storage and 32GB is less than $5 it seems silly not to even offer a 32GB option.

And a USB storage device ? Talk about a step backwards.

Hmm. I wonder whether there is some secret deal where Google only offer low-storage devices so that Optimus G sales aren't cannibalised (as badly :p)....

Storage:
Low quality eMMC again?

What's eMMC dude? Plox gief infoz :p

Back
Top Bottom