***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

And for those 2 advantages, you will have to cough up about another £200 (not including the price of a micro SD either) :p

Last edited:
You are a legend! Looks like it's £110 for one? Am I reading that right or is the £110 payable if you don't return the one they loan to you? If so, is there a charge for one? There must be.

It seems you have to show them you have network problems before they let you have one. :confused: Does that mean I'd have to get a T-Mobile PAYG SIM for my phone to prove I get little to no reception at home or at work to get the ball rolling?

I got one of these for my father in law - they wouldn't send him one for his cheap Nokia contract, but as soon as I mentioned he was thinking of upgrading to an iPhone they sent it straight away.

His signal is terrible though in the home and has been getting worse over the year.

Now it's full strength throughout.

LTE...is HSDPA really not fast enough for people?! I can stream off it etc., so I'm really not that fussed about paying through the nose for LTE. By the time LTE prices are sensible, I'll be bored of the Nexus 4 anyway and can change for an LTE phone at that time.

Random gratuitous pic:

W6r6C.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. Bezels top at bottom are slightly too big, but that's clutching at straws.

Last edited:
You are a legend! Looks like it's £110 for one? Am I reading that right or is the £110 payable if you don't return the one they loan to you? If so, is there a charge for one? There must be.

It seems you have to show them you have network problems before they let you have one. :confused: Does that mean I'd have to get a T-Mobile PAYG SIM for my phone to prove I get little to no reception at home or at work to get the ball rolling?

I have one and three sent it for free, as did a friend of mine :)

Just say you cant get a signal then they refer it to their tech guys, then after a few days you get one.

Back onto the external storage thing this is the smallest I can find atm without having a huge cable attached

microusbtousb.jpg

Still requires a dongle but i've already got a couple of these tiny things :)

IMAG0012.jpg

As the other guys say if you moan enough they'll send one out for free.

Up until this was announced I was perfectly happy with my GS2, the GS3 etc didn't interest me for various reasons, now I can't wait to get one of these :D.

There are a few things I don't like (like the large bezel when there's no hardware buttons, which I'd have preferred, and the glass back) but overall I like it enough to buy it as soon as it's available.

I see that you can display the phone screen via WiFi on a TV, does anyone know how this works, and the sort of price what's needed will be?

If it uses the phone's WiFi to connect up to the WiFi>HDMI adaptor and it's a reasonable price I think I'll get one. That way I can still charge the phone or use a USB stick while watching TV, since with only 16GB I'll probably need a USB stick to store all my downloads on (which I'll probably just start doing on the phone, since it's faster than my home ADSL :().

If it uses a USB>WiFi>WiFi>HDMI then it would probably mean I have space issues at times (and would increase the cost as well), so will just end up using the PS3 instead (as noisy as it is). It seems weird that it'd be this way, but I can't remember if I read that was how it worked or not, and now I can't remember where I read it :p (and Googling MiraCast, I think it was that, I'm on my phone at work so can't check, didn't bring up anything definitive).

Either the phone, or a separate device converts what's shown on the screen to a video (h264 iirc) which is then sent via WiFi to another device which connects to the TV via HDMI.

If the sending side is all done by the phone then it's pretty awesome imo, as you can still charge/use a USB stick, if it's a separate device plugged in via the micro USB then it's not so good.

Last edited:
Decided this is definately for me.

Also decided to go for the three sim only deal.

Only decisions are;

1) 8 or 16gb. Redone my music on current phone and it is down to 3gb. Think that will do me. Not sure whether the increased performance would lead me to use more memory for other things??

2) where to buy...is play likely to be best / quickest place, guess wondering views after Nexus 7.

3) Is the deal likely to get better or worse over next 6 weeks or so? My current contract runs out end of January. Tempted to bin it to move across and get this good deal. However, wondering if deal may get even better in towards Christmas/New Year.

£250 plus £6.90 per month, with £50 cash back from Quidco (making it about £3 per month) is a lot better £30 per month for iphone or S3 that Tmobile offer me to stay!!

£250 plus £6.90 per month, with £50 cash back from Quidco (making it about £3 per month) is a lot better £30 per month for iphone or S3 that Tmobile offer me to stay!!

If you ring up 3 once you have the contract you can add-on unlimited internet to that as well for only an extra £3 per month, so it ends up at like £6 per month for the package. Best value anywhere! :)

Back
Top Bottom