*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Caporegime
i can safely say sony have done almost everything perfectly.

the only major things i can think of which i am not happy about are:

only 2 usb ports - come on they cost pennies, why couldn't they have had 4 at the front and 2 at the back, they don't take up lots of space or hardware, etc the console would have been the same size and design just had more ports.

lack of multi av port for my headset which uses it, should have had a rca output or something for people with different setups.

Caporegime
We don't know the full lineup yet. Infamous looks great though, but thats a Q1 title apparently.

Its the same with all electronics though, so clearly it's not just "lol uk can pay more".

DIFFERENCE
£36 - PS4
£39 - Eggbox

tbh this is probably the smallest difference we have ever had on a launch console, the difference in the past used to be over £100 easy, for the people complaining you should look at previous prices and be happy it has came down to so little now.

Soldato
i can safely say sony have done almost everything perfectly.

the only major things i can think of which i am not happy about are:

only 2 usb ports - come on they cost pennies, why couldn't they have had 4 at the front and 2 at the back, they don't take up lots of space or hardware, etc the console would have been the same size and design just had more ports.

lack of multi av port for my headset which uses it, should have had a rca output or something for people with different setups.

I kind of understand you with the USB ports, maybe not as many as yourself but I'd of liked a rear port at least.

The AV port issue is something very very few people are going to care about, I know you have the problem with your headset. But most people use blue tooth head sets and hdmi is pretty much the standard. Every little helps with price and it's a feature that's just not really needed these days. Hope you have found a work around though.

Soldato
as posted in the XBone thread - not only do you need Internet it seems that you need at least 1.5Mbs for the device to function - in the UK that might be OK (for 90%+) but how many of those green countries have that as a standard

Soldato
I kind of understand you with the USB ports, maybe not as many as yourself but I'd of liked a rear port at least.

The AV port issue is something very very few people are going to care about, I know you have the problem with your headset. But most people use blue tooth head sets and hdmi is pretty much the standard. Every little helps with price and it's a feature that's just not really needed these days. Hope you have found a work around though.

The rear USB port need is dropped for me because the PS Eye uses the Aux port on the back.

Caporegime
Did we ever get confirmation that the PS4 allows you to charge USB devices while its off? Pretty useful to me as I charge everything off the PS3s ones (well expect my new phone and tablet). I presume it supports the higher amp settings too so it charges as quickly as if I plugged the device into the mains?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
An interesting point of note, considering the negativity surrounding Microsoft and the feel good sentiment towards Sony and the PS4.

Are Sony going to be able to meet the supply demand? I've already starting reading about them maybe delaying the launch in Asia and going for those European & NA markets.

Soldato
An interesting point of note, considering the negativity surrounding Microsoft and the feel good sentiment towards Sony and the PS4.

Are Sony going to be able to meet the supply demand? I've already starting reading about them maybe delaying the launch in Asia and going for those European & NA markets.

Well they have hopefully learnt their lesson from the PS3 launch shortages, I imagine they have some super efficient japanese production plant churning out thousands as we speak.

Although to be honest I dont care one bit if they cant meet demand, as long as I GET MINE! :)

Caporegime

Any details about why they are delaying an Asian launch? Because its more than likely due to the fact that MS is not looking to launch in Asia neither, so Sony are probably going to go toe-to-toe with them in the 21 countries they are launching (see m4rk84s post) and then deal with other countries/regions after that initial launch.

From what Ive seen if you arent in those 21 countries you cant even expect to use a XO even if its imported. So currently most of Asia is going to be unsupported.

Not sure if I was Japanese Id be best pleased if Sony, as a Japanese company, didnt tend to my needs at the same time as US/EU...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate

Headsets taking 2 inputs aren't as rare as you think. All Turtle-Beaches use this setup, and that's a reasonable sized market. I'm sure they will come up with something, but I will take a proper headset, with dual volume control for game and chat, over a Bluetooth headset.

Soldato

Depends on demand obviously.

They can make X amount, and if demand is greater than that there will be shortages.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
seems the ole gaming medias still trying to talk up stories. started yesterday with edge, and now kotaku are saying sony are being vague about drm, seems trenton saying its the same as the ps3 is too hard for them to understand. got to love stories posted just to get clicks to pay the bills.

Soldato
not been so excited for a games console launch since the SNES, lost my way in gaming lately but theres so many games I want to play on ps4, my pre-order list is bulging.

is it november yet?? is it november yet?? is it november yet??

Back
Top Bottom