*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Are Sony going to be able to meet the supply demand? I've already starting reading about them maybe delaying the launch in Asia and going for those European & NA markets.

I read yesterday that Europe is now classed as a priority for Sony for the PS4. So if they're running low then Japan may get it later than Europe AND North America as Japan is classed as a "safe market" for Sony.
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ng-whether-ps4-can-launch-in-japan-this-year/
Company sources told CVG in May that Europe had been 'upgraded' as a priority market for PlayStation, in anticipation of a stronger push in that territory from Microsoft.

Caporegime
every day i hear something new and the console is getting better and better.

europe is now a high priority region.

well i think sony have actually done really well and exceeded a lot of expectations, lets hope this hype train doesn't epically fail.

Soldato
Did we ever get confirmation that the PS4 allows you to charge USB devices while its off? Pretty useful to me as I charge everything off the PS3s ones (well expect my new phone and tablet). I presume it supports the higher amp settings too so it charges as quickly as if I plugged the device into the mains?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Here's hoping, it's rather annoying that they don't charge anything when the PS3 turns off. The 360's ports stay powered, for example.

Caporegime
Even if Europe is a priority for Microsoft, EU consumers are still going to have a bad taste in their mouths - none of that TV stuff is going to work over here at launch so half the functionality of the Xbone is not available as soon as you open the box.

Soldato
More I hear about PS4 the more I now just want the machine under my TV and be done with it.

Sony have made a great start, I do hope they don’t do anything silly to now mess this up. Even if MS do backtrack Sony have done so much stuff right that MS will have a hard time to win back majority support.

I know even if MS were to ditch half the stuff that isn’t being received well, I’d still not cancel my PS4 pre order.

Soldato
I think more chance of pre ordering personally and i also dont think i'd cancel my pre-order even when Microsoft back tracks simply because of Kinnect, Price and less power than the PS4 offers.

Soldato
I can't decide if I should pre-order online or just wait until around launch and walk into a shop and buy one. Hmmm...

This has been my problem also, I have had both pre-ordered online since the reveals as a safety net but I'm wondering would I be better off just going local. Do they normally do midnight releases for consoles? I never got my PS3 or 360 on release so I'm not sure.

Soldato
I can't decide if I should pre-order online or just wait until around launch and walk into a shop and buy one. Hmmm...

That's where I'm at also, Think I'm going to just wait and buy at launch. Even if I have to wait a couple weeks for stock or something. I'm going to be getting shot of my slim 360 and a load of games, So might just trade it all in for ease other than selling private, not sure yet.

On the flip side if it ends up like the Wii at launch it could be a nightmare getting hold of one.

Soldato
This has been my problem also, I have had both pre-ordered online since the reveals as a safety net but I'm wondering would I be better off just going local. Do they normally do midnight releases for consoles? I never got my PS3 or 360 on release so I'm not sure.

I would imagine most branches of game will do a midnight opening, supermarkets do midnight launches too. My local tesco was rammed for just a FIFA 12 release lol

ive pre ordered online and going to stick with that, not arsed with going out at midnight to grab one, ill let it come to my door and sleep well the night before ready for a marathon session when it arrives, all nice and refreshed rather than potentially cold wet and empty handed :D

Caporegime
I'm holding off for the moment to see if any bundle deals come out.

bundles are usually never "deals", they usually have 1 crap game or games you don't like in it. therefore you end up paying more for crap you don't need/want.

if a "bundle" comes out say which allows you to choose your own games and with an additional controller plus a ps+ sub then yeah it could be good value. but in the past bundles have been forced onto consumers in order to get more money out of them. thank god it didnt happen like this for the ps4, im actually happy to just buy the console on its own.

my ps3 bundle came with a blu ray and hdmi that i didnt want as well as 3 games of which i only liked 1 of them, you couldnt buy the console on its own from my chosen retailer, therefore i got *******.

Soldato
I'm stuck in the same boat...

1) Pre-order from an online retailer and receive on the day of launch OR
2) Pre-order from GAME, attend the midnight launch (store literally 1 minute away from my flat) and trade in my 360 a few days before for a decent chunk off.

I'll also get a silly amount of GAME points for both the trade in and new console purchase, which will obviously come in handy for new games.

Help!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom