*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Seems there are going to be a lot of xbox 360’s being traded up for a PS4. I wonder how many trade up a PS3 for a PS4?

I would say most will keep their PS3 systems until the streaming services are online, I know I’ll be keeping my PS3, it’ll sit alongside the PS4.

Soldato
Seems there are going to be a lot of xbox 360’s being traded up for a PS4. I wonder how many trade up a PS3 for a PS4?

I would say most will keep their PS3 systems until the streaming services are online, I know I’ll be keeping my PS3, it’ll sit alongside the PS4.

will be keeping mine as long as possible, just for the PS+ content each month, for so long as they carry that on :)

Soldato
Do they also own a PS3?

One has just purchased on to play last of us... They were both die hard 360 fanboys, did nothing but talk about xbox..

Soon as E3 was over, both cancelled their x1 pre orders, pre ordered a PS4 and are selling their 360's to fund a PS4. One is selling up now as he just got a PS3.

I reckon they should keep their 360's, having a 360 and a PS4 would mean you can at least still play your old 360 games, but thats just me.

Associate
I'm a current xbox 360 owner ( two in the house) and we shall be selling one and buying a PS4 - the stuff Microsoft are forcing on people has pushed me in to the playstation camp - i'd never even own a playstation before this.

Soldato
pre-ordered mine from amazon, and chose to pay for delivery for supposedly guaranteed day one delivery. whether or not it gets here day one is another thing. they're pretty sketchy with delivery times as it is

Caporegime
I don't think anybody is in any doubt that the privacy, DRM, and connection requirements are putting people off and giving microsoft a bad reputation.

The only question is how much it affects people and whether its enough to put them off the Xbox one altogether.

I don't suspect any gamers are going to find the TV stuff enough of a reason to buy.

Soldato
I don't think anybody is in any doubt that the privacy, DRM, and connection requirements are putting people off and giving microsoft a bad reputation.

The only question is how much it affects people and whether its enough to put them off the Xbox one altogether.

I don't suspect any gamers are going to find the TV stuff enough of a reason to buy.

The thing is, how many XO exclusives are going to end up on the PC? I'm thinking a PS4 and decent PC would be a great combo for now.

Soldato
The thing is, how many XO exclusives are going to end up on the PC? I'm thinking a PS4 and decent PC would be a great combo for now.

Or on the PS4 at a later date? One of the things that has frustrated me somewhat is that, since buying a 360 for various exclusives, quite a number of those eventually found their way to other platforms.

Caporegime
I won't be selling my 360 as some of the games are just too good especially not having the new iterations due to not getting xbone

I'm going to online preorder and if I don't get on with the controllers sell it on for minimal loss

I still can't get over there will be a playstation in the house! I do need to do a check to see how many 2 player games they have (in general) as I haven't a clue

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

Deleted member 651465

I've preordered, however will give it to my parents, to give back to me for christmas.

If there's some crazy shortages (Wii) then I may be tempted to sell it for profit and pick one up a few months later, but we'll see :)

Soldato

I think it is enough to put people off and especially when you hear about it could be up to 50 percent less powerful, I at least find that off putting amongst the other restrictions it has in place.

Soldato
I've preordered, however will give it to my parents, to give back to me for christmas.

If there's some crazy shortages (Wii) then I may be tempted to sell it for profit and pick one up a few months later, but we'll see :)
I just had someone at work walk into my office and say he is going to order loads of PS4s to put on ebay...I can see where this is going, ebay will be full of ridiculously priced PS4s. :rolleyes:

Soldato
The article does state that tax is one of, if not the main reason why the prices look so different. It states that we pay around £36 more for the PS4 and £39 for the Xbox so they aren't really huge amounts, certainly nothing to get worked up about.

not a lot, but would americans put up with it if they paid more? better in my pocket than someone elses

would be hard to convince thousands of kids to boycott buying a console in protest, so i guess we'll be stuck paying more

Back
Top Bottom