• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need some help with Crossfire MSI 290x Please :)

Caporegime
Ltmatt, does that look right to you below? That is my GPU Usage when playing BF4 in Crossfire?

gsep.png

What settings are you using in game and what res are you playing at? How is performance?

Myty8qm.jpg

Try unparking your cpu cores.

http://www.coderbag.com/Uploads/Unpark-CPU-App.zip

EDIT

Just did another quick run on a different map and a similar story. Ran at stock this time.

ik8rCVu.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Wow, completely different. Just unparked core 0 and 1 I think it said.

Im running BF4 on Ultra 1920x1080, vsync off and motion blur 0%

Just tried again and although the AB graph looks the same it felt much smoother? What settings are you using?

Caporegime
Wow, completely different. Just unparked core 0 and 1 I think it said.

Im running BF4 on Ultra 1920x1080, vsync off and motion blur 0%

Just tried again and although the AB graph looks the same it felt much smoother? What settings are you using?

I'm at 1440P, ultra preset with x4AA. I think you might be a bit cpu bottlenecked at 1080P. Try running at the highest settings and overclocking your cpu as much as possible.

Associate
OP
I'm at 1440P, ultra preset with x4AA. I think you might be a bit cpu bottlenecked at 1080P. Try running at the highest settings and overclocking your cpu as much as possible.

Thats the same as Im running. So your running the same i7 but just 200mhz more?

Associate
OP
Unparking the cores has definitely helped. Seems much smoother. Graph is looking a little better as well. Will try and clock up CPU. Gutted it's not as simple as new PSU though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Unparking the cores has definitely helped. Seems much smoother. Graph is looking a little better as well. Will try and clock up CPU. Gutted it's not as simple as new PSU though.

Good man, glad to hear it working better. Core parking made little difference for me, but for some it seems to help. Doubt your gpu's are getting much of a work out at 1080P. Once Mantle hits and is more stable you should see a big boost.

Associate
OP
Yes

Here is two of my 290Xs running the same clocks

I have turned off a couple of cores on my 4930k and run the ram @1600mhz to even up the CPU performance.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/2403770

Excellent many thanks for that. So im probably worrying about nothing. LtMatt is probably right that at 1080p the 290x are not needing to break a sweat. So in that case, lets get a new monitor :) Any recommendations.

Man of Honour
Excellent many thanks for that. So im probably worrying about nothing. LtMatt is probably right that at 1080p the 290x are not needing to break a sweat. So in that case, lets get a new monitor :) Any recommendations.

I don't know much about monitors but some of the other guys know loads.

If you post a pic of your 290Xs in the link below I can put you on the Roll of Honour.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18551717

If you want to, you can post your Firestrike Extreme score in the link below to go on the scoreboard.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18487344

As LtMatt says the 290Xs don't break a sweat @1080p.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Any decent IPS 27"-30" 1440P-1600P panel would be ideal.

Associate
OP
Hows the new PSU, ok?

Hi, yes its been superb. No issues whatsoever. One drawback is the cables are not long enough for the Corsair 650 cable management. So When you put the cables out the back they won't reach to top of the case and back in . Other than that its terrific. And yours?

Caporegime
Hi, yes its been superb. No issues whatsoever. One drawback is the cables are not long enough for the Corsair 650 cable management. So When you put the cables out the back they won't reach to top of the case and back in . Other than that its terrific. And yours?

Is that for the cpu plug? Because i found that as well. I had to take my h100i out of my 600T before the wire would just stretch enough to fit. Other than that its a lovely psu.

Associate
OP
Is that for the cpu plug? Because i found that as well. I had to take my h100i out of my 600T before the wire would just stretch enough to fit. Other than that its a lovely psu.

Yes, In the end I couldn't be bothered and just ran everything in the case. Looking at 1440p monitors now. Never ending expense :)

Associate
OP

Managed to bag a EVGA 1300watt G2 at a great price elsewhere. Turned up today so will be swapping this beast Superflower PSU out, would have kept it if I could have got the cables to reach!
Will be on the MM shortly :)

Back
Top Bottom