• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

290P/290X running temp comp

Soldato
Ignore my entry to some extent. It was just the cards in the loop and they almost certainly (I say almost :p) weren't getting enough juice from the weedy cpu to get usage up to much.

I now have an i7 on there and in the loop, so I'll re-run the test later on and see how it does under more realistic conditions.

Soldato
Are we taking other cards in this now?

That DC2 cooler is awesome.

Yep it's pretty nice :) I'm really impressed, especially after reading lots of bad reviews about it. It just hits 71C in Heaven at 1200/2000 with auto fan.
I didn't win the silicon lottery though, no 1300Mhz for me like 8 Pack's :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've got a new case, a carbide 540. I fitted it out with 3x120MM Gentle Typhoon fans as intake and 1x1400MM Corsair AF140 as rear intake. H100i as exhaust in the top with 2x120MM Gentle Typhoons. Here are my new crossfire temps. :D

1q028WP.jpg

Bp3Q6ih.jpg

Now running cooler than a thefogo's single 780TI @100% fan speed. :D

I can't beleive how much my temps have dropped since switching out my 600T for this Carbide 540. Its warmer now than it was when i did my original tests as well. GPU temps are down 8-10c (when gaming) and cpu temps are down 5-7c. My 290's now operate in the low 80's at stock and mid 80's overclocked. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nice improvement Matt, 540 looks ideal for multi gpu's. Nice big wall of intake fans with no clutter such as hdd trays to block air intake.

Yeah its a really nice case. Glad i bought it now. Opened my eyes to how useless my 600T was for cooling in general, but specifically multi gpu cooling.

Soldato
Nice big wall of intake fans with no clutter such as hdd trays to block air intake.

If buying a 600t you ideally want to remove one hdd cage and move the other back towards the PSU. Add a Spectra Pro 200mm front intake with some added washers to each screw (removes intake noise), then it's a matter of doing the usual of adding AF120 for the rear and some SP120s PWMs (if you go the H100i route).

I'd not recommend it to anyone. It looks nice from the outside but its really not worth the £150 i paid for it + the £40 for the dust filter set. Urgh £190 wasted. :eek:

Nothing wrong with the 600t, it has it's issues but so does every case.

There's no need to spend that sort of money on filters either, you end up restricting your airflow more. Just give your room a hoover more often :p. I've got a 600t and my temps are perfectly fine/decent (Air), and very quiet, beats my previous Corsair rig. Like any case, it has it's issues, but most of them can be fixed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom