• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire 290 Tri-X Vibration issues ?

Mike in the top picture are the things I used......they came with some fans I got some time ago ...some 120mm eLoops

but have to say they alone didnt solve the vibration issue

these are the fans , see the little rubber dampers 8 of them.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-057-NB&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=4

Thanks. Should get mine soon (bit of a hiccup with my order) so hoping I don't have the issue. If not was thinking of getting some washers or o rings.

Yeah mine seems to be behaving so far...I'm gonna try it in another motherboard at some point see if that makes any difference

OK so a bit of an update ..I installed my asus formula Z motherboard ...and also my Tr-X Card , and trying out different fans speeds there have been no vibration sounds at all so far, So I'm thinking maybe the card was touching something on my MSI Z87 Mobo ..or..something on the board was loose ?

Last edited:
Dear All,

We have a very low rate of faults with our graphics boards. That an issue showed up and someone was able to fix it and subsequently did a video shows a real enthusiasm for our products. However this issue only occurred on a very small number of early production boards and has been addressed. The rattle is caused by a resonance in the shroud, only at certain fan speeds, and it vibrating against the fins of the cooler. The clearance has been adjusted and this no longer happens.

We would normally recommend users with any issue to take advantage of our warranty return and repair service. However, the fix in the youtube video will not invalidate the warranty because it only involves removing the fan from the cooler - not the cooler from the board, therefore not breaking the critical thermal bond between the cooler and the gpu or other components.

Best Regards,
SAPPHIRE Technology

Dear All,

We have a very low rate of faults with our graphics boards. That an issue showed up and someone was able to fix it and subsequently did a video shows a real enthusiasm for our products. However this issue only occurred on a very small number of early production boards and has been addressed. The rattle is caused by a resonance in the shroud, only at certain fan speeds, and it vibrating against the fins of the cooler. The clearance has been adjusted and this no longer happens.

We would normally recommend users with any issue to take advantage of our warranty return and repair service. However, the fix in the youtube video will not invalidate the warranty because it only involves removing the fan from the cooler - not the cooler from the board, therefore not breaking the critical thermal bond between the cooler and the gpu or other components.

Best Regards,
SAPPHIRE Technology

Thanks for the update. At least people can attempt to fix the problem if present without the worry of invalidating warranty.

Dear All,

Best Regards,
SAPPHIRE Technology

Thanks for updating us, mine has started to rattle. :(

Dear All,

Best Regards,
SAPPHIRE Technology

Reviving an old thread!

Interesting that my old 290 TRI-X OC does not rattle at all but the new one which I purchased from OCUK 1st week of November does :( and its really noisy!

Going to attempt the fix, if that doesn't work its coming back to OCUK/Sapphire for a replacement!

Hi,

Ive just aquired one of these second hand from another site :P

My sound is different its the last fan (the one near the power connector) seems to be making a clicking noise when running.if i put my finger slightly on the middle of the fan it goes away.Do i need a new fan??

Also probably shouldn't be asking this here but, can i use the warranty even if i didn't buy it? Ive noticed if i turn the fan speed up on mine i get a loud rattly noise at first,sound like what the sapphire rep stated above??

Dear All,

Best Regards,
SAPPHIRE Technology

Do we return direct to Sapphire for an RMA of this issue or to OCUK?

BTW my 'old' card from early 2014 isn't rattling but the one I got from OCUK in November 2014 (which I used the fix for) has started rattling. So not convinced Sapphire has 'fixed' the problem.

Reviving an old thread!

Interesting that my old 290 TRI-X OC does not rattle at all but the new one which I purchased from OCUK 1st week of November does :( and its really noisy!

Going to attempt the fix, if that doesn't work its coming back to OCUK/Sapphire for a replacement!

It is rattling now...going for an RMA.

Back
Top Bottom