• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
Well I've caved in and ordered one. I'm putting it down to being ill with a weird bug and slightly delirious today ;)

I've ordered a gigabyte from a competitor for Saturday delivery tomorrow.

I'm basically sick of SLI and gsync issues. I've had to resort to writing readme files for lots of my games for workarounds to try and get proper smooth, stutter free gameplay when using both 780tis and gsync. With just one card everything is lovely and smooth, but the grunt is lacking with just one card at 1440p on the swift.

So, it's time to try just one, **** off a stick powerful card, which is the best way to go as we know. If the TX is as good as 780Ti SLI but without all the hassle, I'll be selling my Ti's ASAP.

That's what I'm telling myself anyway :D

Associate
Tested my other X and it seems stable at +240 on the core which is only slightly less than my other one. Hopefully when both are fitted together in sli the +240 core will hold up.

Got a 5k monitor being delivered tomorrow so I will see how well they cope at that resolution. I can always return it if i'm not fussed with it. The 12GB of vram should come in very handy.

Caporegime
Out of interest is there a flashing guide?

This is the one I used:

1. Unpack both nvflash and the rom to the same folder.
2. Right click "Computer" and to go Manage. Computer Manager opens.
3. Click Device Manager
4. Expand Display Adapters
5. Right click your titan x and Disable it(all of them if you have more than one).
6. Start -> run -> cmd (must be administrative, or you must have UAC disabled)
7. Navigate to your nvflash folder: cd\folder\path\here\
8. If you are flashing a BIOS intended for your card, simply type:
nvflash BIOSNAME.rom
9. If you need a PCI DeviceID Override, add -6 after nvflash and before your filename.
nvflash -6 BIOSNAME.rom

If you have more than one card and want to flash a specific one:
nvflash --list
Look at the index number (0, 1, 2, 3) and then
nvflash -6 --index

Soldato
So are there any recent TX owners that were running a pair of 780Tis in SLI previously on here? What sort of experience should I expect tomorrow? I know it's roughly a sidegrade, but I'm mainly doing it for single card goodness and ultimate smoothness, given how fussy I am about any stutter/ microstutter. That and the Vram I guess, only having 3GB is starting to push it now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

51cMBoe.png

The Roll of Honour updated.:)

Fantastic pic.:D:)

Last edited:
Associate
Its easy as pie, stock cooler is screwed on from the rear of the card and comes off in one whole piece , clean the die , fit the block and your away , just plumb it into your existing loop, idealy however you'd need another 240 rad, but you can see how it goes.

I prefer more rads and silent fans.

Ok I may give it a shot .. I don't need a more powerful pump ? And what block do you suggest

Associate
So are there any recent TX owners that were running a pair of 780Tis in SLI previously on here? What sort of experience should I expect tomorrow? I know it's roughly a sidegrade, but I'm mainly doing it for single card goodness and ultimate smoothness, given how fussy I am about any stutter/ microstutter. That and the Vram I guess, only having 3GB is starting to push it now.

One word BUTTER! I run 4K btw.

I was running SLI GTX970s and CFX R9-290s, with a bit of an OC you are going to be amazed mate.

Looks like everyone that's got a Gigabyte seems to be pushing 1400+ with 110% power?

Last edited:
Soldato
One word BUTTER! I run 4K btw.

I was running SLI GTX970s and CFX R9-290s, with a bit of an OC you are going to be amazed mate.

Looks like everyone that's got a Gigabyte seems to be pushing 1400+ with 110% power?

Wow, sounds promising! Cheers buddy :)

I'm looking forward to properly using Gsync the most. It's felt 'compromised' in quite a few games as the slight stutters you can get with SLI are almost exacerbated with Gsync, because it's so smooth in between.

As I mentioned earlier, one 780 Ti is often much smooooother than 2 with gsync, but it's lacking grunt to push 1440p and the Rog really needs to be above 75fps (ideally more!) to reap the brilliant benefits of the screen. 45 fps feels smooth, but you get motion blur still.

P.S. Loving the animal trend in the photos, might have to chip in with these tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom