• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Roll of

images

Can't wait to get my 980 ti though.

Just spat my drink everywhere. Superb..... :D

Associate
Roll of

images

Can't wait to get my 980 ti though.

Have a look at the EVGA forums and in the 980ti thread, someone gives details of a place that had just got them in stock. I saw it earlier on and placed my order from there.

I'm gonna go eat some brand new eggs, go to the bathroom use that bog roll then you can feel free to eat the left overs :)

Last edited:
Soldato
For those interested here's a recording of my two 980Ti's inside my NZXT H440 running 3DMark Firestrike. Note the camera was placed where my chair is, so where I sit.

Soldato
Look at the candy he got, He clearly got it from OcUK!. I guess they got a tiny amount of cards in and shipped them out. D: !

Soldato
Should have left mine as standard reference design instead of changing it to SC ACX 2.0 lol...

I feel like calling and having a go at them for the serious lack in communication... Simple answer, are they expecting stock today or not? It's not ****ing hard to find out. Call the ****ing vendor and ask??????????

Just looked at my order time: Order Date: 1 Jun, 15, 1:45 pm :(

Soldato
I found another UK website with the EVGA cards stating this.

Available for pre-order
We are expecting this item on: Monday, 8th June

Soldato
Just called and the usual bul**** of "No information".

If the order doesn't update with at least a new ETA by 3pm today, I'm cancelling my order and going elsewhere. This is a ****ing joke.

Associate
Should have left mine as standard reference design instead of changing it to SC ACX 2.0 lol...

I feel like calling and having a go at them for the serious lack in communication... Simple answer, are they expecting stock today or not? It's not ****ing hard to find out. Call the ****ing vendor and ask??????????

Just looked at my order time: Order Date: 1 Jun, 15, 1:45 pm :(

Yeah I don't understand how in this day and age nobody knows about when they are arriving in stock.

Surely they can contact the vendor like you said and ask if the delivery van is on the way lol

OCUK: When is the delivery van due to arrive?
Dave: Bob left the warehouse at ..... and will be with you .....
OCUK: Ok thanks

Soldato
I got the MSI version a few days back and so far so good. I was concerened about noise but so far its a touch quiter than my old Zotac 780 but its not been tested really yet.

Still on 1080p but new monitor due today from Ocers so I'll try it out properly over the weekend.

Soldato
They can only give you information if the vendor supplies it, it's hardly OCUK's fault.

No, it's not, but it's their responsibility to provide solid information on an item they have sold me. Not vague rubbish.

Yeah I don't understand how in this day and age nobody knows about when they are arriving in stock.

Surely they can contact the vendor like you said and ask if the delivery van is on the way lol

OCUK: When is the delivery van due to arrive?
Dave: Bob left the warehouse at ..... and will be with you .....
OCUK: Ok thanks

Yep, no balls or just sheer laziness. It's a phone call to their rep or sales contact. Sure it might take a few times to get through as no doubt they are probably ducking out of line of fire lol. But still. As it stands, it feels like the staff at OcUK are sat back in their chairs waiting for stuff to happen. Not proactive at all and as a result, they have lost my business from future 'pre orders' with ETA's slapped on the front.

OcUK, seriously. Get hold of the situation and provide a solution.

Back
Top Bottom