*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
Finally Finished my watercooling loop in this case......my 1st ever water-cooling project, so any criticism is welcome :)

2hqdvs4.jpg

Now to get some White Cable Extensions and lighting :)

Associate
Thank you!

Yeah....might spray them black....sorry for the poor pic quality, rubbish iPhone camera.....will do some better pics when its completely finish it......was a tight fit with a 60mm rad in the top with the thinner 240 Rad on the front!

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys :D I am now a very very happy owner of the Evolv ATX in gunmetal, I was the lucky *insert favourite swear word* that won the i55 competition!

The case is fantastic and I really like the looks of it, my only gripe is it's not a great LAN case for security but oh well cant have everything!

Unfortunately got the problem with the fan controller and no proof of purchase so not sure what phanteks are going to say about that but we shall see! Will post pictures when I get it all set up how I want it :D

Associate
Well thats 4 fan hubs tried, none of which work, so will stick with the ModMyToys one for now, or a fan controller.

I'm kind of hankering after the InWin 909 now anyway, time for a change perhaps :)

Associate
Had one of these for a couple of months now, case is solid but not without some annoyances - had my headphone port break (and since replaced free by Phanteks), but also notice theres a few odd spots where the paint quality isn't great (inside of panels etc rather than outer layers thankfully).

Get some nice temps in this case though despite the small size!

16ih2fk.jpg

Associate
OP
What cooler is that SouthEastBlue? Oh I've added you to the RoH in OP also ;)

Update on mine: Well I'm waiting on a cpu block from Diamond Cooling to be fabricated, I've been in discussion with Pexon for a set of sleeved cables for my EVGA P2. Will be buying some watercooling bits soon.
The reservoir is a tough one, may use the hdd bay or something else.....

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone know if you the case has room for Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 360mm front and top? was seeing if the slim rads would get away with it, instead of going 360 with 240/280.

Cheers.

Associate
Anyone know if you the case has room for Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 360mm front and top? was seeing if the slim rads would get away with it, instead of going 360 with 240/280.

Cheers.

No, it's the rad length, the top 360 is basically right up to the front of the case,
no space left for a front 360.

Soldato
Had one of these for a couple of months now, case is solid but not without some annoyances - had my headphone port break (and since replaced free by Phanteks), but also notice theres a few odd spots where the paint quality isn't great (inside of panels etc rather than outer layers thankfully).

Get some nice temps in this case though despite the small size!

Very nice indeed!

If I remember I'll take a few shots of mine :) What kind of temps are you getting?

My 4790k will hit 78c depending on the game but my CPU cooler needs placing for sure. H100i is now easily 2 years old. MSI 980Ti 6G tops at 65c :D Love it!

Associate
Ok guys ordered the gun metal grey version of the atx today for my sons 8350 build as his case is a bit beat up (my hand me down).

anyways I'm seeing that 2 360mm rads wont fit but all places I read about case says top and front possible, am I right in thinking there is no way? He has 2 240mm rads atm but 8350 is @4.9ghz and the 240 struggles with his r9 390 being on the other rad.

Was gonna do 2 360mm rads for him is there no way?

Associate
Ok guys ordered the gun metal grey version of the atx today for my sons 8350 build as his case is a bit beat up (my hand me down).

anyways I'm seeing that 2 360mm rads wont fit but all places I read about case says top and front possible, am I right in thinking there is no way? He has 2 240mm rads atm but 8350 is @4.9ghz and the 240 struggles with his r9 390 being on the other rad.

Was gonna do 2 360mm rads for him is there no way?

Yes you can have a 360 in the front or the top, but not both at the same time.

Unless you want to do a bit modding.

Associate
You'd have to try 2 x 360 in the case and see what would need modding.

No one has 2 360's fitted afaik so don't know how it would effect flow, can't see it making much difference though.

What hardware are you fitting that would need 2 x 360 ? or is it just looks.

Back
Top Bottom