• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The R9 Nano Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
20160208_124306.jpg

20160208_124528.jpg

20160208_124706.jpg

20160208_130130.jpg

20160208_130133.jpg

20160208_130144.jpg

image.png

image.png

Soldato
I really love the design of the Nano. It appeals to me so much. I'd like to get my hands on one of the white Asus ones, but I don't know that it ever actually got released. I've never seen so much as a picture of a real one in an actual build.

Soldato
I really love the design of the Nano. It appeals to me so much. I'd like to get my hands on one of the white Asus ones, but I don't know that it ever actually got released. I've never seen so much as a picture of a real one in an actual build.

I saw one online a few days ago but it was almost £600! Absolute madness at that price.

Soldato
Sucks about the coil whine. I went through a bunch of 970s that all had it (with a good quality EVGA/Super Flower PSU) and eventually gave up. I know people say it does fade/vanish over time though, especially if you leave something like Valley running for a few hours.

Soldato
Gone through a number of Fiji cards and they all seem to have some level of whine. Current Nano has less then the one it replaced thankfully but still much more whine then my other GPU's. I reckon its 50/50 you get a better or worse one depending on how bad your current card is.

Associate
They all whine, don't bother! Mine whines too, but it's next to my Xbox One and the Xbox One is louder than the whine and my 6 case fans combined.

I've finally got my fan power splitter cable turn up so now I've got 3x120mm fans, one 200mm fan and the GPU noise. Certainly louder than my Xbox One!

Thanks for all the replies.

Associate
So I managed a 1075 core clock.
After looking online it seems other people have similar limit due to the power the card can take.
So I was thinking of eventually water cooling this card to push it further but seems a bit pointless if power is the limit? I do hit 73'C though on some benchmark tests.

Soldato
So I managed a 1075 core clock.
After looking online it seems other people have similar limit due to the power the card can take.
So I was thinking of eventually water cooling this card to push it further but seems a bit pointless if power is the limit? I do hit 73'C though on some benchmark tests.

I actually managed to squeeze more performance out of the GPU with a similar level power target and volts once under water. On the stock cooler the max I could push the card was 1085 Mhz on the core. Under water I can actually push this further to around the 1130-1140 region. which in the case of Fiji cards is a decent bump.

Could be the VRM's and power phases are getting actively cooler along with more power going to the GPU itself rather then some being diverted to the fan.

Associate
I actually managed to squeeze more performance out of the GPU with a similar level power target and volts once under water. On the stock cooler the max I could push the card was 1085 Mhz on the core. Under water I can actually push this further to around the 1130-1140 region. which in the case of Fiji cards is a decent bump.

Could be the VRM's and power phases are getting actively cooler along with more power going to the GPU itself rather then some being diverted to the fan.

Interesting, what cooler did you use?

Associate
Well air cooler was just the standard Stock Nano cooler. For the waterblock used one of EK's Nickle R9 Nano waterblocks.

Well you have the holy grail of Nano cards then as I can't even bump up my voltage without it resetting... Managed to get my memory to 535 and GPU to 1065 100% stable under water.

Soldato
Well you have the holy grail of Nano cards then as I can't even bump up my voltage without it resetting... Managed to get my memory to 535 and GPU to 1065 100% stable under water.

:eek: My Nano prior did 1065 stable on the air, but did not try it on water, this one seems to behave a notch better.

Could it be your memory? AFAIK from a post in the Fiji owners thread the Fiji Memory clocks in discreet steps of 500, 545, 600 and 666 Mhz and rounds accordingly.

My prior Nano was not having any Memory OC this one is stable at 545 Mhz on the memory, 600 Mhz is too far. May be worth seeing if things improve with just the core OC?

Back
Top Bottom