• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The R9 Nano Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Anyone having problems with their Nano resetting its core voltage?
Currently mines stable at
1075 Core
550 Memory
But the voltage resetting worries me for its stability.

Yes I can't increase my voltage at all. It just resets itself. Trixx is telling me it's at +5mv but then as soon as I move the application or click on something else it goes back to 0.

Associate
:eek: My Nano prior did 1065 stable on the air, but did not try it on water, this one seems to behave a notch better.

Could it be your memory? AFAIK from a post in the Fiji owners thread the Fiji Memory clocks in discreet steps of 500, 545, 600 and 666 Mhz and rounds accordingly.

My prior Nano was not having any Memory OC this one is stable at 545 Mhz on the memory, 600 Mhz is too far. May be worth seeing if things improve with just the core OC?

You misunderstand me. I can get a bench running fine at 1100 and 545 on memory @ +35 power, but my voltage won't budge at all. Also are you sure it's stable? I can be 100% stable in Witcher 3 at the highest OC, but then put something like tame like Dragons Dogma on and it will crash my system.

I have found that 1065 is the most stable and doesn't crash in anything I throw at it.

Associate
Oh and my roll of honour entry
A805C208-4F00-43CA-8A2E-162FBCD7F63F.jpg

Soldato
Yes I can't increase my voltage at all. It just resets itself. Trixx is telling me it's at +5mv but then as soon as I move the application or click on something else it goes back to 0.

The mv for me increases in increments of +6, otherwise it rounds down, at least in AB it does. So 6 Mv will be fine, 5 Mv will drop to 0 Mv, and 7 Mv would drop to 6 Mv. Maby what your seeing?

You misunderstand me. I can get a bench running fine at 1100 and 545 on memory @ +35 power, but my voltage won't budge at all. Also are you sure it's stable? I can be 100% stable in Witcher 3 at the highest OC, but then put something like tame like Dragons Dogma on and it will crash my system.

I have found that 1065 is the most stable and doesn't crash in anything I throw at it.

Bench is at 1130-1140 not tried going any higher. For gaming I run it at 1115 / 545 and stable in everything I have tried. 1125 is stable in most games, but had a crash on Shadow of Mordor so seeing if I can stabilise that figure . That was with +18Mv and +50% power target.

Associate
The mv for me increases in increments of +6, otherwise it rounds down, at least in AB it does. So 6 Mv will be fine, 5 Mv will drop to 0 Mv, and 7 Mv would drop to 6 Mv. Maby what your seeing?

Bench is at 1130-1140 not tried going any higher. For gaming I run it at 1115 / 545 and stable in everything I have tried. 1125 is stable in most games, but had a crash on Shadow of Mordor so seeing if I can stabilise that figure . That was with +18Mv and +50% power target.

Wasn't aware AB could OC memory or voltage on the Nano? Also it seems to have been stable at 6mv thanks for the information!

Last edited:
Associate
1130-1140 is a lot higher than I managed, what core voltage are ou running, what cooler is that with?

I seem to also get the voltage resetting, not sure if it's and Afterburner problem or the card.

Soldato
Wasn't aware AB could OC memory or voltage on the Nano? Also it seems to have been stable at 6mv thanks for the information!

Yep AB allows your to mess with voltage and memory now. Great stuff on the 6mv. Admittedly drove me nuts until I rammed it in to the 20's and saw it drop to numbers which were factors of 6.

1130-1140 is a lot higher than I managed, what core voltage are ou running, what cooler is that with?

I seem to also get the voltage resetting, not sure if it's and Afterburner problem or the card.

Its under a full EK waterblock. What do you mean by voltage resetting sorry. Not entirely sure what you mean.

Associate
I tried setting it at plus 6 or 12 save, then whenever I close afterburner and reset my PC it remembers all my settings apart from the voltage.

Do you think the water block is what allowed you to push it further? Did you order it through OCUK?

Soldato
How much voltage you set it?
Because at 6mv 50% still cannot get it stable above 1100 core

1075 Mhz / +50% power target / -12mv (I undervolt the card)
1085 Mhz / +50% Power target / 0mv
1100 Mhz / +50% Power target/ + 6mv
1110 Mhz / +50% power target / +18mv
1120 Mhz / +50% power target / +24 mv
1130 Mhz / +50% power target / +36 mv
1140 Mhz / + 50% power target / +48 mv

Not tired to go any further then that. On occasions I do game on this machine I use 1075 Mhz Which MSI afterburner keeps defaulting to when the PC turns on or 1100 Mhz with the notch up in voltage. Seems stable in benchmarks and games I play bar the 1130 and 1140 result however.

I tried setting it at plus 6 or 12 save, then whenever I close afterburner and reset my PC it remembers all my settings apart from the voltage.

Do you think the water block is what allowed you to push it further? Did you order it through OCUK?

I did get something similar. Try setting up the profile again, delete and re save to profile 1 to see if it helps.

I think the waterblock played a part because prior to putting it under the block I would usually top out at around 1085 in benchmarks while 1150 was the daily gaming profile. But it may also be I am trying to see how much I can squeeze the card. Also each card differs, my first Nano did not get quiet as good over clocks as my current one does.

FYI, only water block it if you plan to go down the WC route anyway, the extra few MHZ under the block is not worth it from a price / performance perspective. The block does not seem to be for sale on OC website and I got mine from EK direct. I can't link to competitors, but a quick Google search for EK R9 Nano water block should point you in the right direction.

Associate
Double post Didn't see second page but I will re purpose it:

Interesting to see the Nano (for both Spoke and I) on the fire strike Ultra bench (best comparison of GPU rather than CPU I know of (I don't know much anyway!))

Our score are very close and as you'd expect on the AMD side it's only the Fury X above us, with Nvidia the usual Titan and 980ti is higher but the nano does compete with the standard 980 and certainly beats the AMD 290X.

So value for money the Nano blasts everything it seams! Still whilst staying small form and power frugal. Even better value for those who got it at the reduced £350 price. I don't see my there aren't more owners.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep AB allows your to mess with voltage and memory now. Great stuff on the 6mv. Admittedly drove me nuts until I rammed it in to the 20's and saw it drop to numbers which were factors of 6.

Its under a full EK waterblock. What do you mean by voltage resetting sorry. Not entirely sure what you mean.

What version are you running of AB as the latest version from MSI website isn't allowing me to OC... trixx is working though.

Thanks for the reply, already spoke to OCUK and they are getting the EK water block in.

Why wait EK have a great store. I got a few of my components for my Nano build through them, although great news OCUK are finally getting in on the Nano watercooling.

Double post �� Didn't see second page but I will re purpose it:

Interesting to see the Nano (for both Spoke and I) on the fire strike Ultra bench (best comparison of GPU rather than CPU I know of (I don't know much anyway!))

Our score are very close and as you'd expect on the AMD side it's only the Fury X above us, with Nvidia the usual Titan and 980ti is higher but the nano does compete with the standard 980 and certainly beats the AMD 290X.

So value for money the Nano blasts everything it seams! Still whilst staying small form and power frugal. Even better value for those who got it at the reduced £350 price. I don't see my there aren't more owners.

Would not pay attention to 3dmark for AMD cards to be honest. Plus my score is going to be a little higher if I tried. The score I listed is something I can actually be stable with now. I will try a 3dmark OC just for benching today.

Last edited:
Soldato
What version are you running of AB as the latest version from MSI website isn't allowing me to OC... trixx is working though.

Downloaded 4.2.0. Do not believe its updated since as it says i have the latest when I click check for update.

Could it be the skin your using? I know I could not OC with some skins with AB for some reason. User Interface I am using is MSI Cyborg Afterburner Skin which looks like so:

28rz08z.png

Associate
Downloaded 4.2.0. Do not believe its updated since as it says i have the latest when I click check for update.

Could it be the skin your using? I know I could not OC with some skins with AB for some reason. User Interface I am using is MSI Cyborg Afterburner Skin which looks like so:

28rz08z.png

Sorted it now. Didn't realise there was a AMD section in the settings! I knew I was being a dumb dumb:) Managed to up my score slightly on Firestrike Ultra to just shy of 4000.

Associate
I quite like fire strike, find trying to get the numbers higher strangely addictive.
The score I posted was stable, I got it through some tests at 1100 but wasn't stable enough.

I've only just bought the whole system and already went over budget, waiting for OCUK to get them in stock is a good excuse to wait before splashing out on a load more PC bits! Quieter fans are priority right now.

Soldato
Yeah it is addicting :)

Still trying to bust 4k mark also on Ultra. Sitting just 33 points away, but my 4690k is limited the physics and overall score as a result :(

Oddly enough still trying to find out why my Nano seems to perform better in terms of score at 1120-1125 mark, but going over on the core actually starts to reduce the results. Tis very bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom