• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Associate
I think the cooler on the Classified is even bigger than the FTW one.

t4vuQ24.jpg

Check out how much the cooler is above the bracket.:)

Wow that's a very tall cooler, I suppose it makes sense though as they are limited width wise so the only place to go if they want to make the cooler bigger is up.

Associate
Ben

Founders - 321 sold now
SC - 118 sold now
FTW - 277 sold now

This was at 14:00 today so am sure our customers will appreciate anything yet u can do to speed things up please. :)

Crazy launch, crazy sales!

In Heathrow now, will be in Taiwan tomorrow so see you next week buddy! :)

You know we will do everything we can. See you next week. I owe you a cold beer!!

Ben

Associate
Yes EVGA plz get the 1080 FTW here as soon as possible! Also does the FTW use the 100mm fans whereas the SC uses smaller fans? The heatsink looks wider.

Hi NirK

The differences this time from SC - FTW

1) SC has 9cm fan, FTW has 10cm.
2) FTW has 10 power phases over 5 on the SC.
3) FTW has dual BIOS, SC is single.
4) FTW has RGB LED the SC has just white.
5) It will have better clock speeds - TBC.

Thanks
Ben

Soldato
You know we will do everything we can. See you next week. I owe you a cold beer!!

Ben

Thanks Ben, I had my order for the FTW in from OCUK quite early on so should be one of the first to get it, looking forward to it! Will be a nice upgrade from my 780 TI.

Will be my first EVGA card but heard good things about warranty and support, especially being able to transfer the warranty to someone else should I choose to sell it in the future, takes the hassle out of the second hand business which is great.

The new cards seem to have a bit of a marmite reaction to their looks, but I don't care. I quite like the look of the new ones, and it's not as if I spend a lot of time looking at it, it's upside down under my desk in my PC case! :)

Associate
Thanks Ben, I had my order for the FTW in from OCUK quite early on so should be one of the first to get it, looking forward to it! Will be a nice upgrade from my 780 TI.

Will be my first EVGA card but heard good things about warranty and support, especially being able to transfer the warranty to someone else should I choose to sell it in the future, takes the hassle out of the second hand business which is great.

The new cards seem to have a bit of a marmite reaction to their looks, but I don't care. I quite like the look of the new ones, and it's not as if I spend a lot of time looking at it, it's upside down under my desk in my PC case! :)

Thanks, hope you enjoy the card and EVGA expirience. Good job I love marmite :)

Associate
well my 1080 is now under water.
time to do some new testing

IMG_20160528_124242.jpg

Glad to see the NZXT G10 still fits (although I did expect it to). I will be putting the G10 on my EVGA FTW using shim (as with the 980 Ti Classified) as there is a mid plate which I want to keep. Cannot wait for the FTW to arrive in stock!

Soldato
very quiet in here, thought OcUK where doing Saturday delivery on their FE cards? :confused:

Hi NirK

The differences this time from SC - FTW

1) SC has 9cm fan, FTW has 10cm.
2) FTW has 10 power phases over 5 on the SC.
3) FTW has dual BIOS, SC is single.
4) FTW has RGB LED the SC has just white.
5) It will have better clock speeds - TBC.

Thanks
Ben

The FTW edition seems like a no brainer over the SC for the difference in cost.

Hope there is a FTW 1070 on the cards.

Man of Honour
OP
very quiet in here, thought OcUK where doing Saturday delivery on their FE cards? :confused:

The FTW edition seems like a no brainer over the SC for the difference in cost.

Hope there is a FTW 1070 on the cards.

It will be quiet as you only see about 1% of the people who buy the card on the forums in the owners thread.

I think OcUK sold about 500 cards and we have got 5 owners on TROH.:)

Associate
Count me in! EVGA FTW on the way. Wasn't sure on the voltage front whether it's unlocked, but I know from a jays2cents video that the SC can use a 120% power limit, which easily lets his hit 2088mhz which I would be very happy with. I know overclocking isn't guaranteed but out of the box it's pretty darn quick, and what swayed it for me was the 10+2 power phase

Soldato
Got my 1080 this morning.

Using it in an Alienware Amplifier. Over twice the score in 3DMark without any OC, compared to my 980m, especially when it's limited to PCIE3 x4. Good thing is with Amplifier, my Laptop fans barely run so it makes it all nice and quiet. Also means I can OC the CPU more :)

with 980M

pTmmnvZ.png

with 1080

RprTcTe.png

the setup
pcvEFrA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom