• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
I ordered mine that day too and didn't have your level of restraint - I had to ask :)

Haha I don't blame you! It's like time stands still while waiting for a new toy. That said I think everyone should keep in mind OCUK haven't given any hard & fast ETA, they're working as quickly as they can so whenever they arrive they arrive. Especially if you're overseas (like me) you shouldn't be expecting them in a week (or even two) when there was no confirmed ETA at the time we ordered. Sit back, relax, spend all day reading reviews like I do just make sure the boss doesn't catch you :)

Last edited:
Associate
is there a free version of firestrike? I can't imagine everyone would be using a paid benchamark software?

Yes the 3DMark Demo lets you run Firestrike and the new Timespy, both at 1080p only. You can't save/upload results and it plays a demo video of the test before doing the actual tests each time which is annoying, but hey.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
It's quite hefty TBH. Solidly built rather than just plain heavy though.

By the time I got in last night I only got as far as removing the old card and then getting the new one setup, then running a bunch of updates. Still, that's all prep for when I have some peace and quiet tonight. :)

Didn't intend to stay up until 2am just checking that it was working...

OcUK Staff
OP
What's the ETA on the 4GB version?

Those who already pre-ordered 1-2 weeks. If pre-ordering now around 2 weeks, essentially pre-order to get in the queue, because at present were selling around 100 units per day, so they won't show in stock for sometime due to their popularity.

Between the three Sapphire Nitro models they are our best selling cards, outselling everything else by a long distance.

Caporegime
It is? 380 is still a relatively new card, am surprised this yields such a performance increase.

Oh yes, and maybe even some upscaled 1440P

Just wanted to confirm my off the top of my head +50%...

63% + 60 Percentage points = 100.8%

So about 60%+

perfrel_1920_1080.png

Associate
So I'm really wanting to make the most of this when eventually it comes :)

Considering dropping the cash on a new 24" 1080p 144Hz Freesync. I'm currently on an older 23" 1080p 75Hz.
Looks like I can do it for about £200, but seems a lot of additional money! Would it be worth it do you think?
(also I assume I will need to buy a DP cable as currently on DVI?)

Associate
Those who already pre-ordered 1-2 weeks. If pre-ordering now around 2 weeks, essentially pre-order to get in the queue, because at present were selling around 100 units per day, so they won't show in stock for sometime due to their popularity.

Between the three Sapphire Nitro models they are our best selling cards, outselling everything else by a long distance.

2 weeks for the 8GB Ver also?

Associate
So I'm really wanting to make the most of this when eventually it comes :)

Considering dropping the cash on a new 24" 1080p 144Hz Freesync. I'm currently on an older 23" 1080p 75Hz.
Looks like I can do it for about £200, but seems a lot of additional money! Would it be worth it do you think?
(also I assume I will need to buy a DP cable as currently on DVI?)

Dunno maybe Gibbo will give us another nice monitor sale now that the AIB's are coming in :D Also, the two Freesync £200 144hz monitors sold on Overclockers come with DP cables I believe.

Associate
What setting is the bios switch at as default when it comes.

should i change it or leave it as is :p

Mine came in full o/c mode, you can check in Wattman that under State 7 it says 1342.
Edit: I think you also have to click a toggle switch to view clocks, else it might just say Auto.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine is locked at 1395 / 2250. 50% power limit and tweaked the temp target to 80c

Did an overnight Heaven burn-in, it's rock solid. Despite me targeting 80c it was sitting at around 75, need a few more days testing on it though

Haven't done anything with the voltages yet they have been left at auto. Sapphire Trixx is due sometime soon which i hope has some custom voltage stuff, i'll tweak that then :D

Excellent performing and looking card I love the breathing LED that shows fan speed. There's a very deep purple as the second to last stage it looks so good :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine is locked at 1395 / 2250. 50% power limit and tweaked the temp target to 80c

Did an overnight Heaven burn-in, it's rock solid. Despite me targeting 80c it was sitting at around 75.

Haven't done anything with the voltages yet they have been left at auto. Sapphire Trixx is due sometime soon which i hope has some custom voltage stuff, i'll tweak that then :D

Excellent performing and looking card I love the breathing LED that shows fan speed. There's a very deep purple as the second to last stage it looks so good :p

nice going,must be torture not getting the extra measly 5mhz to hit 1400

Soldato
Some PowerColor Devil reviews from Guru3D
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/powercolor_radeon_rx_480_red_devil_review,1.html

Guru3D has disappointed me sadly, they're usually much more professional with reviews and more comprehensive.

ROTR - Not using the latest async Patch, Not using 16.7.3 drivers which give 10% boost in this game ,enabling HBAO+

Doom - Not including vulkan results in overall listing - Not using TSSAA or no AA so async can be enabled

Battlefield hardline - HBAO+ enabled

Shadow of Mordor - no 1080P benches

On the brightside it's an amazingly quiet card, at 38 dba under load. Sadly they tested the cards in an open bench and saw a max temp of 76. It'll probably be hotter in a chassis.

Back
Top Bottom