• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Associate
I'm frankly surprised people are buying these

Performance increase over the 1080 isn't worth it, and even the 1080 wasn't worth an upgrade from a 980Ti

It's nice having the latest tech for sure, but i would personally feel a bit aggrieved at this price

Soldato
I'm frankly surprised people are buying these

Performance increase over the 1080 isn't worth it, and even the 1080 wasn't worth an upgrade from a 980Ti

It's nice having the latest tech for sure, but i would personally feel a bit aggrieved at this price

its a good 50-60% faster than TX and 980Ti so if you want all that extra performance its a worthy upgrade. Costly though yeah. Should have been £999 :p

Associate
Let's be honest, anyone who bought one of these is a fool not to put them under water.

The cooler is decent, if you don't overclock - but the card doesn't really shine until you do.:)

Then again, buying one is foolish :D

Yes, I bought one :p

Agreed, mine is in a 250d case behind my TV across a decent size front room, and it's still really annoying across the room, that EK block can't arrive soon enough.

Soldato
its a good 50-60% faster than TX and 980Ti so if you want all that extra performance its a worthy upgrade. Costly though yeah. Should have been £999 :p

Depends on how you look at it doesn't? : Given the old TX's were still selling at around £950 recently, a part that was 1 year old + tech, a 50-60% increase in performance for £1099 seems a good price for new tech TX :).

...still a lot of dough tho :)

Associate
Wasn't going to bother, but here's a quick snap :D will watercool it when I get the bits. Will take nicer photos when i'm done :D

13872802_10157529287500227_4641462683090578772_n.jpg

Associate
EK page says block is not compatible with Nvidia HB bridge so how to connect two cards together? Surely not the old fashioned ribbon cable? Not dabbled in Sli for years but this has spiked my interest.

Associate
Piccy

IMG_0666.JPG

With a little overclock:

TitanXPascalOverclock.png

I managed to get 1.6 million PPD on Folding at home before I crashed it at +250MHz. Temps never went above 70°C on full fan.

You can see the dip in power when it crashed the driver at +250MHz. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Sadly you could slap 4 old Maxwell TXs in and get even better results.

SOM and TR do run in 4 way SLI but not on Pascal.:(

If a game can use 3 and 4 way SLI on Maxwell why won't NVidia allow the game to do it on Pascal.

NVIDIA no longer support 4 way SLI in games. This was mentioned in many news articles over the last few months, so everyone should know about it by now.

There's no point in them spending money (in terms of manhours) to make 4 way work, when it's only 0.001% of their market that actually buy's 4 cards. Far better business sense for them to concentrate on single cards and 2 way SLI.

4 way SLI on Pascal is only an option for benchmarks.

Man of Honour
OP
Wasn't going to bother, but here's a quick snap :D will watercool it when I get the bits. Will take nicer photos when i'm done :D

13872802_10157529287500227_4641462683090578772_n.jpg

Piccy

IMG_0666.JPG

With a little overclock:

TitanXPascalOverclock.png

I managed to get 1.6 million PPD on Folding at home before I crashed it at +250MHz. Temps never went above 70°C on full fan.

You can see the dip in power when it crashed the driver at +250MHz. :rolleyes:

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LdDula5.jpg

Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Scorpuk, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dancook, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DmitryD, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, occuda, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, whyscotty, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, waspy88, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Combat Fighter, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, danielanthony, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dshalky, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Vore, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, spiralz, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Starvald, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Cosimo, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Pascal Titan X.​

Man of Honour
OP
NVIDIA no longer support 4 way SLI in games. This was mentioned in many news articles over the last few months, so everyone should know about it by now.

There's no point in them spending money (in terms of manhours) to make 4 way work, when it's only 0.001% of their market that actually buy's 4 cards. Far better business sense for them to concentrate on single cards and 2 way SLI.

4 way SLI on Pascal is only an option for benchmarks.

NVidia do support 4 way SLI in games on every family of GPUs except Pascal.

My point earlier was if they do it for ROTTR for example on Maxwell why not do it for Pascal on that game.

And some of us like benching for fun.

It was comments like your one that helped me make up mind about getting 4 of these cards. I was only going to get one.:D

Soldato
EK page says block is not compatible with Nvidia HB bridge so how to connect two cards together? Surely not the old fashioned ribbon cable? Not dabbled in Sli for years but this has spiked my interest.

Don't buy the Nvidia bridge? Its only the fins which mean it doesn't fit with the block but I think the EVGA etc version do and also EK stated before they are going to bring one to market...

Soldato
NVidia do support 4 way SLI in games on every family of GPUs except Pascal.

My point earlier was if they do it for ROTTR for example on Maxwell why not do it for Pascal on that game.

And some of us like benching for fun.

It was comments like your one that helped me make up mind about getting 4 of these cards. I was only going to get one.:D

I think you misunderstand - I actually defended you in another thread when people were questioning why you were buying 4 of them. As I said before, it's your money and your lifestyle, so it's no-one's business by you're own as to what you buy.

It's obvious to all that GPU's are more than just a hobby for you, since you give so much to the community here, spending hours maintaining owners threads each day etc. Plus the fact that you've bought 4 of the top end GPU's for the last few generations, it's of no surprise that you'd do the same for the Titan XP :)

I'm simply highlighting that NVIDIA already announced that 4 way wouldn't be supported in games, so IMO it's pointless complaining about something that's already been established many weeks ago.

You've already made the decision to buy 4 GPU's for benchmarking only, so you're getting what you paid for. What was supported on previous generations of GPU architectures have nothing to do with what's supported on new ones - times change after all etc.

Benchmarking is fun for sure, and all those buying 4 cards for it are sure to enjoy breaking records. I wish them all the best of luck, they'll need it to compete with the mighty 8pack!

Man of Honour
OP
OK... I'm weak... second one coming too :D

Watercooling parts aren't going to arrive until the week after next... that's going to be a painful wait!

I'm ordering a custom case too... hopefully that won't take too long :o

Here is my 2 way Time Spy score.

Absolutely bonkers for 2 cards and they overclock better than some of my 1080s.

Score 16579

Pascal Titan(2x) 2076/2740

6950X @4.4

Graphics Score 17740

CPU Score 12094

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/223997

Man of Honour
OP
Repost for TROH seems to have been missed.

Best

Wulf

Sorry but now fixed.:)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LdDula5.jpg

Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Scorpuk, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dancook, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DmitryD, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, occuda, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Wulfster, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, whyscotty, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, waspy88, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Combat Fighter, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, danielanthony, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dshalky, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Vore, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, spiralz, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Starvald, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Cosimo, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Pascal Titan X.​

Man of Honour
OP
I think you misunderstand - I actually defended you in another thread when people were questioning why you were buying 4 of them. As I said before, it's your money and your lifestyle, so it's no-one's business by you're own as to what you buy.

It's obvious to all that GPU's are more than just a hobby for you, since you give so much to the community here, spending hours maintaining owners threads each day etc. Plus the fact that you've bought 4 of the top end GPU's for the last few generations, it's of no surprise that you'd do the same for the Titan XP :)

I'm simply highlighting that NVIDIA already announced that 4 way wouldn't be supported in games, so IMO it's pointless complaining about something that's already been established many weeks ago.

You've already made the decision to buy 4 GPU's for benchmarking only, so you're getting what you paid for. What was supported on previous generations of GPU architectures have nothing to do with what's supported on new ones - times change after all etc.

Benchmarking is fun for sure, and all those buying 4 cards for it are sure to enjoy breaking records. I wish them all the best of luck, they'll need it to compete with the mighty 8pack!

:)

Back
Top Bottom