• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Just got a parcel full of chunks of metal, I had better sober up tomorrow and spend the day fitting them.

Does anyone know if the EKWB blocks are the same flow wise as they have been in the past.

Associate
Do you think with no Vega till 2017 that means we won't see a 1080TI? If I recall they brought out the 980TI to directly compete with the Fury. I was going to wait for the 1080TI but if there won't be one I might just get the new Titan.

Man of Honour
OP
Can I be added to TROH please :)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LdDula5.jpg

Date 31/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, marcus2704, Link
Date 26/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, tyler_jrb, Link
Date 23/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, fenchu, Link
Date 23/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, SonicB0000M, Link
Date 22/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, tipes, Link
Date 20/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kered_Dub, Link
Date 10/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Stunted, Link
Date 10/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Mark_D, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Zping, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Trunkey, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, crinkleshoes, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Rasphelt, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Alphafox, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Greebo, Link
Date 07/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, SherlockHobz, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Scorpuk, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dancook, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DmitryD, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, occuda, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Wulfster, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, whyscotty, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, waspy88, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Combat Fighter, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, danielanthony, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dshalky, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Vore, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, spiralz, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Starvald, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Cosimo, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, blasterbolt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Pascal Titan X.​

Associate
For those of you with EK waterblocks, have you had any issues with the thickness of the thermal pads provided? I had one of the pads for the memory fall out of the side after I had fitted the block. I took it apart again and re-positioned it and it seems to be fine now. I could see contact marks on the pads so I'm hoping it was just me not paying attention and dislodging the pad before I screwed the block down.

Soldato
New Aquacomputer Titan XP block arrived yesterday.

Have to say it's a thing of beauty. :cool:

It's my first Aquacomputer block I've bought, all my other's in the past have been from EK.

The Aquacomputer totally creams the EK. The quality is in a totally different league!!!

Looks really nice when put together with the active backplate too. Definitely works too as it's not even warm under load.

Quite impressed indeed. I think I'll be buying AQ from now for future blocks. :D

Was definitely worth the extra wait.

;)

Soldato

It's my first Aquacomputer block I've bought, all my other's in the past have been from EK.

The Aquacomputer totally creams the EK. The quality is in a totally different league!!!

Looks really nice when put together with the active backplate too. Definitely works too as it's not even warm under load.

Quite impressed indeed. I think I'll be buying AQ from now for future blocks. :D

;)

giphy.gif

Damn that looks the sex. Wow certainly have improved on their asthetics. Looks ace for an aqua block. Tempted to get them over the EK's.

How much for that and backplate. What are temps under load :D.

Just upgraded my loop to dual D5's so will easily handle a little more restriction.

Last edited:
Soldato
giphy.gif

Damn that looks the sex. Wow certainly have improved on their asthetics. Looks ace for an aqua block. Tempted to get them over the EK's.

How much for that and backplate. What are temps under load :D.

Just upgraded my loop to dual D5's so will easily handle a little more restriction.

Temps are great 45c (summer temps) load and that's with the 5960X in the same loop.

Cost £147 del.

Permabanned

;)

I like Aqua stuff and I'm glad someone went against the grain and bought their blocks instead of EK. The backplate looked interesting. Looking forward to seeing more pics

Soldato
I like Aqua stuff and I'm glad someone went against the grain and bought their blocks instead of EK. The backplate looked interesting. Looking forward to seeing more pics

Here you go.

should have taken some of it before I plumbed it in!

Card boost to 2100Mhz on the core (+600 mem) and holds it (rather than throttling back due to temp).

What we need now is a modded bios as the power limit is what's stopping it going further.

Hopefully it will come out, it's very early days still.

Could do the shunt mod but to be honest at this price level I don't think it's worth the risk.

But well chuffed with it as it is tbh and nice and quiet too.

;)

Last edited:
Soldato

;)

Very nice indeed combat - wished I had got one for mine now instead of the Ek. As usual I was too impatient. Enjoy. :D

Mark

Associate
Does anyone have any suggestions on which tool to use to remove the Hex nuts on back of the PCB please?

I ordered a 4mm Hexagon Nut Hex Socket Wrench Screwdriver from somewhere but it doesn't fit - it seems too small, but the nuts do seem to be 4mm ones.

Associate
I used a 4mm hex socket that I happened to have in one of my car tool kits.

It's definitely a 4mm head on the screws.

It is possible to do it with pliers, just need to be extra careful.

Thanks :) Therein probably lies the issue because I've been asking for a Hex key and every shop assumes that is an allen key. The thing I bought says it is a 4mm Hex key attached to a screwdriver handle, but it is totally round at the bottom and not a hexagonal shape at at all.

I see EK sells this - https://www.ekwb.com/shop/hex-socket-4mm - which is what I expect I actually need. Does it work without a screwdriver handle or drill handle, and could I simply place it over the Hex nuts and turn it by hand only?

I've got an old pair of pliers and I don't trust myself with them :D

Back
Top Bottom