Building a Home Gym

Soldato
Hi

I am thinking of building a home gym, I already have dumbells, chin up bar but I am looking at buying this:

http://www.connection-fitness.co.uk..._and_100kg_Olympic_Weight_Set/1369/index.aspx

Would that be suffice, or would you reccomend something else? For cardio I was thinking skipping, swimming and running (alternate).

I would buy second hand, but I have been looking for months, and nothing has seemed to come up, and I cant keep putting it off. So will just have to bite the bullet there.

Thanks for you input

Associate
+1 for the power rack.
can do squats, shrugs, and ofc all sorts of bench presses.
excellent toy for ultimate workouts, just get weights and that's it.

Don't get a smith, if you want to get a rack just for for benching get one like these.
http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/barbell_benches/marcy_monster_bench/10314_p.html
I'm simply looking at the design of the heavy bars that hold the weight, this style is a lot safer compared to: http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/barbell_benches/marcy_mfb400_barbell_bench/11494_p.html
because it's a lot easier to rack the weight and on heavy sets you don't want to risk throwing it over.

Soldato
OP
Ever get the feeling you regret not buying something when you had the chance, getting now with a great deal i saw on a power rack and olympic weights a few months ago.

Are there any forums that have great classifieds for things such as power racks, as I have never seen it. Just don't want to spend a lot when I know I could buy something a lot cheaper second hand? As i do not currently have enough for a power rack + weights on top.

Caporegime
well, they wouldn't be able to price match it.

so......

i've bought a set myself from powerhouse. was worried that it would take ages to be delivered..... next thurs!

a few more details than what the website says..

the bench is apparently rated at about 250kg and the barbell kit is a 7' 2" oly bar kit, the bar being rated at over 1000lbs.

not bad at all and bloody cheap. the woman who i spoke to online and who then called me was very helpful.

lets see if they live up to the expectation that they have set :]

Caporegime
not had the free gloves and belt, got a mat instead.
yep, got the 15% off as well. shocking price.

rack (with lat attachment (normally an expensive add on!))
bench
100kg oly bar kit

should be over £650 i reckon!

Associate
Ordered one..Was looking at getting something similar at near twice the price so its a steal
Probably not quite as durable construction and max ratings are lower but still more than enough for me!

Job for next weekend building the damn thing :rolleyes::D

Associate
well, they wouldn't be able to price match it.

so......

i've bought a set myself from powerhouse. was worried that it would take ages to be delivered..... next thurs!

a few more details than what the website says..

the bench is apparently rated at about 250kg and the barbell kit is a 7' 2" oly bar kit, the bar being rated at over 1000lbs.

not bad at all and bloody cheap. the woman who i spoke to online and who then called me was very helpful.

lets see if they live up to the expectation that they have set :]

Wow, looks like a brilliant deal. Really interested in getting this package now; keep us posted if its what its cracked up to be guys :D

Cheers.

Soldato
Yup good deal, looking forward to it coming.... Seen it takes around 3 hours to set up...

Took me about 1-1.5hrs to put together my bodycraft f430 rack which is pretty simillar, so long as you read the instructions first (i would think that there will be certain ways round for the posts etc) and are ok with a spanner.

If you can get into a Powerhouse place and get to know the staff you can get some really good deals. I've had money off all the kit i bought and had free matting thrown in also.

My little hideaway, looks better now as i've tidied up the electrics and put some better lighting in and moved my golf gear out of the way:

dsc005211.jpg

dsc005231.jpg

Soldato
OP
Ordered one..Was looking at getting something similar at near twice the price so its a steal
Probably not quite as durable construction and max ratings are lower but still more than enough for me!

Job for next weekend building the damn thing :rolleyes::D

Haha.... I should be on commission ;)

Will post pics of it when its done, and kefkef your the man to come to if I get stressed out from building then ;)

Back
Top Bottom