Building a Home Gym

Soldato
Sorry to bump an old thread, just got the money to buy some equipment now and was wondering of any reccomendations? Id like to start of light and work upwards (kgs) - Any news on these sales Morba?

Edit:

Just checked it out with 20% off, although the deal you guys for for £373 looked more appearling than the current higher price. :(.

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
Yeah prices in general have gone up again.
It might be worth having a look in free ads papers as now people will be getting rid of things they bought at new year! :)

Hey Morba (or anyone else ordered the strength package)

What strength package did you guys get? Did you get that same Deluxe one but excluding the Lat pulley system for £373?

Also did you purchase the mats ontop or did you get them included in a deal by ringing them up?

** Also
to those with the lat pulley system, how do you put weights on it? Do you use the barbells or do you need the 'special attatchment' with pre-set weights? Any pics of it guys? :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hey Morba (or anyone else ordered the strength package)

What strength package did you guys get? Did you get that same Deluxe one but excluding the Lat pulley system for £373?

Also did you purchase the mats ontop or did you get them included in a deal by ringing them up?

** Also
to those with the lat pulley system, how do you put weights on it? Do you use the barbells or do you need the 'special attatchment' with pre-set weights? Any pics of it guys? :)
I got the lot including the pulley system.
At bottom of pulley there are 2 bars to add plates on. Can get over 100kg on there and it doesn't seem to struggle :)

Caporegime
That's what I was thinking! Having more plates has benefits :)

do you really need them though?

i have 320kg in total, plus the 20kg bar.

it just means that say if i wanted to lift 120kg, i need to use 6 plates (2x25, 2x20 and 2x5)

rather than if i bought these i would need to use 4 plates (4x25)

for the sake of lifting some plates about, i would prefer to save the £100

Back
Top Bottom