Building a Home Gym

Caporegime
ok, who put theres together wrong first time?

i got to the top front bar, screwed in one side then.... realised i had put the other front vertical bar at the back. BUGGER! haha

PAz - it wont go flush to the wall and for good reason, you would bang your head on the wall :p

Soldato
ok, who put theres together wrong first time?

i got to the top front bar, screwed in one side then.... realised i had put the other front vertical bar at the back. BUGGER! haha

Hah yes! Multiple times actually. I even managed to put one of the vertical bars in upside down so the all of the holes were facing the wrong direction.

Caporegime
yeah seems pretty stable so far, not really packed it with much weight, but my 130kg body on the chins and it feels stable enough so far.

not sure what the pins are rated at, but they look pretty strong

worth buying? at this shocking price, damn right!

Soldato
I share a similar sentiment. I think it was an absolute bargain for what you get. Though I have by no means pushed its limit. I think the most I've had loaded up on the pins was about 90kg, so I have no idea what the rack can realistically handle.

Soldato
Just put mine together.

Had to rearrange the room a few times so I could utilise the space better, but it hasn't turned out too bad.

All in all, I'm very happy with this gear. The weird wood-looking stuff underneath it is the gym mat that I--and I believe Morba, too--opted for.

Very brave setting that up in what looks to be an upstairs bedroom.

Soldato
Very brave setting that up in what looks to be an upstairs bedroom.

Yeah it is. I know it's a bit risky, but to be fair it's not that heavy and I honestly think the floorboards can take any weight I'm going to be lifting in the next year or so, especially as there are people that weigh more than my weight and my max. deadlift combined!

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Well theyve offered me the CF475 instead of the CF375 for the same price in the strength package (£373). Just can't make up my mind whether or not to go for this!

Soldato
i ordered that deluxe package a couple of months ago, amazing deal isnt it :D

and yes, when constructing the rack i did it completely wrong. no holes lined up.

i was SO close to ringing them up and claiming some factory worker in china had manufactured it wrong until i had a closer look and realised what i had done :D

I even managed to put one of the vertical bars in upside down so the all of the holes were facing the wrong direction.

excactly what i did :D

Last edited:
Associate
Right guys i've decided to bite the bullet and get the package from powerhousefitness. You guys seem to really like it and for that price who wouldn't :D

Going to ring up tomorrow and see what kind of deal i can get, any tips for getting it cheaper or more stuff thrown in/upgraded? I see Pez managed to get them to offer him the CF475 instead of the CF375!

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Yeh but its the CF475 without the lat pulldown attachment. For me, that lat pulldown isn't essential and I'd much rather the better power rack.

I still haven't ordered yet, haggling every last bit with them.

Associate
Yeh but its the CF475 without the lat pulldown attachment. For me, that lat pulldown isn't essential and I'd much rather the better power rack.

I still haven't ordered yet, haggling every last bit with them.

Ahh ok it makes more sense now :D

Yeah the lat pulldown isn't essential at all, i'm probably going to start the Stronglifts 5x5 routine when i get this package so all i need is the bench, rack and weights. I wonder if i ask them to take the lat pulldown out of the package i could get it sub £300.

Soldato
Ahh ok it makes more sense now :D

Yeah the lat pulldown isn't essential at all, i'm probably going to start the Stronglifts 5x5 routine when i get this package so all i need is the bench, rack and weights. I wonder if i ask them to take the lat pulldown out of the package i could get it sub £300.

I'm doing exactly the same thing. Although I still got the lat attachment delivered, it's still in the box. In fact, I might try to sell it on because I can't see myself ever finding a use for it.

Back
Top Bottom