Best courier to post Monitor with?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have been looking for a courier that would provide insurance for posting my Dell 30" monitor. So far I have looked at companies like interparcel, parcel2go, parcelforce, dhl and they all class the monitor as a restricted item which means no insurance if it breaks during transit.

Does anyone know of a courier that provides insurance on posting monitors?

Thanks

Parcelforce are very good ive used them many times.

Go on there website and you can arrange for them to pick the parcel up from your house,one of the cheapest couriers out there also

lol @ the responses. I think you guys just read the title and replied.

As mentioned parcelforce do not provide cover for monitors. If it gets damaged then though luck... As for royal mail, do they do special delivery for items that are 20kg? As far as I know they go up to 10kg so that's no good.

Any other suggestions? :)

Parcelforce cuz Parcelforce. i know some one works there he will look after it :)

have look at this cuz
http://www.parcel2go.com/

Did you read my post? I already checked with parcel2go. It's an restricted item. So no insurance :(

As for parcelforce, an item posted through a courier goes through at least 7-8 people by the time it get's to the other end.

I will call Fed Ex and DPD today, maybe they will do it.

I just called DPD and Fed Ex and they won't do it either :(

I will looked at parcelmonkey. Thanks for the link.

As for Royal Mail. On their website maximum weight I see is 10kg which is not enough. I need around 20kg.

Did you read my post? I already checked with parcel2go. It's an restricted item. So no insurance :(

As for parcelforce, an item posted through a courier goes through at least 7-8 people by the time it get's to the other end.

I will call Fed Ex and DPD today, maybe they will do it.

cuz give me the monitor for free man! :)

The buyer of the monitor called parcelforce and asked if they would insure it and was told that monitors fall under the category of glassware which they do not insure.

When exactly did you guys post off monitors and when you did, did you speak to someone? I mean no point paying for insurance and then later they will just say, but it's an restricted item and won't cover you. If it was a long time ago maybe their policies have changed since regarding insurance.

Either way I will find out about this shortly :)

The buyer of the monitor called parcelforce and asked if they would insure it and was told that monitors fall under the category of glassware which they do not insure.

When exactly did you guys post off monitors and when you did, did you speak to someone? I mean no point paying for insurance and then later they will just say, but it's an restricted item and won't cover you. If it was a long time ago maybe their policies have changed since regarding insurance.

Either way I will find out about this shortly :)

Posted mine a few months ago with them, checked their website carefully and there was no mention of not covering monitors or that it was a 'restricted item'. Either the person the buyer talked to didn't know what he was talking about or their website is misleading.

monitors are NOT glassware, they are Electronic equipment.

No glass in there for a start :P

You're right they aren't glassware. I think the reason they fall under that category though is perhaps a hangover from CRT monitors which of course have a glass screen. The CCFL bulbs of LCD monitors also contain glass. Who knows though.

Back
Top Bottom