Best courier to post Monitor with?

Associate
Ipostparcels cover monitors up to 40" I think? They're pretty good.

Looks like they're part of DHL so I've contacted them as there doesn't seem to be any mention of monitors being prohibited. Thanks.

EDIT: They've responded and have confirmed they allow monitors and will cover loss/damage.

Last edited:
Associate
Can confirm iPostParcels will take up to 37" monitors and insure them, they are not on the exclusion list. I have just posted a 27" monitor back to Scan for £17.41 which includes a 12% off voucher code 12VOUCHERBOX valid for July 18. Thanks everybody on this thread for the useful advice.

Caporegime
Can confirm iPostParcels will take up to 37" monitors and insure them, they are not on the exclusion list. I have just posted a 27" monitor back to Scan for £17.41 which includes a 12% off voucher code 12VOUCHERBOX valid for July 18. Thanks everybody on this thread for the useful advice.

Nice info, thanks man :)

Associate
Avoid Parcel2Go like the plague! I tried sending a TV with them up to Manchester. First off the collection was missed so I had to rebook for 2 days later. They then somehow lost the parcel (was meant to be delivered the 4th June) My buyer had requested a refund and had lodged a complaint with the big auction site due to non delivery. I refunded the buyer and requested he not accept the delivery so it would be returned to me. 10 days later the delivery was attempted and refused. Now I am having to try to claim back through ny credit card company as p2go would not give me a refund even though on chat (this is the only way to contact them) the operator said I would be entitled to a refund due to the late delivery

Associate
Hey guys, I'm interested in using iPostParcels to ship my 27" monitor across Europe as I'm currently working in Romania. I wondered how you guys packaged your monitors? I have the original monitor box and packaging but I'm guessing you guys placed that box inside another, larger box complete with packaging peanuts or something? If I sent the monitor just in its original box, would it still be insured? Thanks in advance for any help & advice.

Caporegime
just use DPD and bubble wrap 10 layers of bubble wrap around the monitor.

i don't understand why people are willing to post something worth £400+ yet refuse to go to poundland and spend £5 on bubble wrap. just buy 5 rolls of the stuff. i would stuff the inside of the monitor box with bubble wrap. then put the monitor box in 2-3 layers of bubble wrap and stick it inside a bigger box.

then send it.

Associate
Hey guys, I'm interested in using iPostParcels to ship my 27" monitor across Europe as I'm currently working in Romania. I wondered how you guys packaged your monitors? I have the original monitor box and packaging but I'm guessing you guys placed that box inside another, larger box complete with packaging peanuts or something? If I sent the monitor just in its original box, would it still be insured? Thanks in advance for any help & advice.

I just shipped it in its original box which is what Dell shipped it to me in.

Associate
just use DPD and bubble wrap 10 layers of bubble wrap around the monitor.

i don't understand why people are willing to post something worth £400+ yet refuse to go to poundland and spend £5 on bubble wrap. just buy 5 rolls of the stuff. i would stuff the inside of the monitor box with bubble wrap. then put the monitor box in 2-3 layers of bubble wrap and stick it inside a bigger box.

then send it.

The problem I'm having is finding a box that's bigger than my monitor and strong enough for international shipping. Any ideas?

Associate
My monitor was delivered by UPS, then collected by UPS, and a replacement delivered by UPS. This was in 2015. Never checked insurance as it was the seller and Dell themselves who went with them, but I'm guessing they both chose UPS for a reason.

Associate
My monitor was delivered by UPS, then collected by UPS, and a replacement delivered by UPS. This was in 2015. Never checked insurance as it was the seller and Dell themselves who went with them, but I'm guessing they both chose UPS for a reason.

Probably works differently for large businesses but for private individuals, UPS allow monitors on a no compensation basis.

https://www.upstoday.com/prohibited-items

Associate
Associate
From what I understand, Parcelforce will allow you to insure the parcel but the insurance is worthless if the item gets damaged. I think they pay out if the item is lost though. Look for 'computer monitors' under the heading 'Items excluded from compensation for damage' on the link below:

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/items-we-exclude-compensation

This guy is correct as I read from someone else that when they contacted Parcelforce they stated that damage would not be covered but if they lost the entire parcel they would reimburse.

And I mean how do you really lose a box big enough to fit a monitor in.

Back
Top Bottom