***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Was just about to link that as well!

The camera sounds and looks good there, the iphone 5 looks better in the banana pic and the nexus 4 looks better in the chocolate pudding pic.

I can't wait to see gsmarena and anandtech reviews, hoping they will have the latest version, but doubt it :(

Last edited:
Was just about to link that as well!

The camera sounds and looks good there, the iphone 5 looks better in the banana pic and the nexus 4 looks better in the chocolate pudding pic.

I can't wait to see gsmarena and anandtech reviews, hoping they will have the latest version, but doubt it :(

Anandtech's initial preview seemed to suggest they had one of the poor performing ones. :(

GF just got a Note II and it's absolutely amazing... hmm Note II or Nexus 4:(

I just got a Note II as a goodwill gesture after numerous problems with my carrier. I was all for selling it straight away and buying the Nexus 4 when it came out, but I don't think I can give it up now. Incredible handset with a beautiful screen and an epic battery. Doesn't even feel that big in the pocket and I love using the stylus for email and Draw Something.

Mega performance too, but then I suppose the Nexus 4 will have that also.

I'm looking forward to reading the Android Central review as they specifically said they wanted to use it for a few more days and through a few more battery cycles to get a true picture.

They're also likely to update to whatever the newest version is, and be testing using the updated version of chrome for the N4 which other reviews failed to do.

Anandtech's initial preview seemed to suggest they had one of the poor performing ones. :(

They are probably just on an old software version.

Regarding engadget's review, the reviewer posted this:

@intyleritrusted Actually, I did in fact mention that it's pre-release: "That said, our units may very well have been loaded with a non-final firmware build that could be contributing to our dilemma somewhat. We'll receive a final pre-launch update that will enable lock screen widgets, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that a few more optimizations are included. (We'll update our review if we notice any uptick in performance or test results.)"

And I meant what I said. When the final build is out, I will happily run the battery tests again to see if there are any improvements.

did he actually say that as soon as the review was posted? Pretty sure I didn't see that......

Either way, he should post it in the opening paragraph!

They really should stop the practice of sending out review units which don't match the final product being sold, it just complicates things further when the product reviews are incorrect thanks to them.

I will be expecting plenty of photos and other comparisons to the one s kona!!! :D

:p

That includes you too Sarge if you're getting one on release! :p

I could take pictures of the Clifton suspension bridge if you like? :)

Honestly though, I doubt there will be much difference. Or any difference that I would personally care about.

That would be great :) the more pictures the better! :D

Yeah after seeing some photo samples, i don't think the difference is going to be huge enough to worry about either.

will be giving the one s to my dad and buying one of these. :) not that theres anything wrong with the one s, and this wont be much of an upgrade. but i love new stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom