XBOX *** OCUK UMVC3 Tournament Season 2 ***

Soldato
mvc3_31.png

The last tournament was so epic, I want to do it again. Again this would be a small and quick single or double (depending on the amount of people enter) elimination tournament. I don’t want this to drag out for months(years). There are no prices at stake, only bragging rights on a keyboard;):D:p. Once there are enough entries, I will start the draw and the tournament.

As I expect people to be semi-used to the game mechanics by now, I will show no mercy and play to my best. But any new comers or beginners are welcomed. Please don't be afraid that you are going to get bodied, because most players I expect entering will be low end intermediate player or beginners, there might a few good players, but almost everyone will be on even ground and I will provide some coaching if anyone wants and needs it. If you are admittedly really good (ie, much better than me), please show some mercy to the beginners, try not to dishearten them too much and give them some tips and advice to get better. I want to attract more casual players and keep growing the community.

I will post the fixtures list once the draw is made and set a deadline for the games to be played each round, you will have to post here or message in XBL to arrange your games.

If you have a reason for not being able to play your games before the deadline, you will have to message me on XBL or post here. If both players are unable to play, they must report to me and I will rearrange the game for them (only if it is not too far out of the schedule). If only one of them tell me, whoever made the effort to arrange the games here or contact me will go though. If neither made any effort to play or stay active, they will both be disqualified.

RULES:

- First to win 5 games progresses
- Any character can be used
- The winner of a game cannot change team (include order), but allow to change assists
- The loser of a game can change or remain with the same team
- If you Random Select and win, you must remain as that team (include order) until you lose but you are can change assists
- Lag test must be done first
- Final is also a FT5 set, unless it is single elimination, then it is FT7
- All participants must stay active in the forum or will be disqualified automatically

I also have a feeling someone will not read, understand or just completely miss the rules but lets hope not. If it happens please point it out to your opponent via XBL and consider that match a warmup. If you fail to point it out at the time, and they go on to win, there is no point arguing about it later. If they do it twice in one set, they are disqualified.

Please post your entry in the following format (you don't have to post your team, but it is good to let people know what they are up against). And record some videos if you can.

PLAYERS:

OCUK: vian_siu
XBL: hyv
Team: Dante, Iron Man, Sentinel

OCUK: Drunzer
XBL: Drunzer
Team: Wolverine, Nova, Akuma

OCUK: Artheas
XBL: Artheas2D
Team: Zero, Magneto, Akuma

OCUK: Conqueror Kenny
XBL: Conqueror Kenny
Team: Dormammu, Doctor Doom, Wesker

OCUK: tzechungshek
XBL: TzeChungShek
Team: Wolverine, Doctor Doom, Phoenix

OCUK: ravl585
XBL: Yupyupno
Team: Wolverine, ?, ?

OCUK - Rinoa231
XBL - Rinoa231
Team : Captain America, Ryu, Wesker

The brackets are in here: http://challonge.com/ocukumvc3_s2

ocukumvc3_s2.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope so, it's taken me months but I'm finally happy with these 3. Hyv if you struggle with numbers I might try and convince my friend to play, his name is Deathjumps on here. He only picked the game up earlier today but he's only got a PS3, he lives pretty close to me so I could let him use my 360 for his matches and if we get drawn against eachother we just just do our match offline.

Soldato
OP
I hope so, it's taken me months but I'm finally happy with these 3. Hyv if you struggle with numbers I might try and convince my friend to play, his name is Deathjumps on here. He only picked the game up earlier today but he's only got a PS3, he lives pretty close to me so I could let him use my 360 for his matches and if we get drawn against eachother we just just do our match offline.

yeah no problem! i encourage everyone to enter the tournament regardless of skill level.

Associate
Thanks vian siu, i'm really an avid fan of umvc3 and looking for local tournaments in the UK.
Wish i can play offline more. I'm living in hatfield, anyone leaving close to me? i dun mind driving near to play!!. Got another friend maining wolverine, hawkeye, akuma, but only plays offline. I only train with him offline though...

Back
Top Bottom