***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

• Thread starter Thread starter RSR
  • Start date Start date
Getting so frustrated now.

Just been to collect my 920 from the EE store after sending it away for repair, As i thought come back faulty.

The fault is I have a big dark secotion on the bottom of the screen. This was pointed out three times when i went into store to start the repair process yet they still put the fault as touch sensitive keypad. soon as lady switched the phone on i could see the fault still, was told i could send it back off for repair which would be another two weeks but I couldnt do it for next couple of days need to wait for system to clear first.

Does any one have any advice this is doing my head in now :(

Getting so frustrated now.

Just been to collect my 920 from the EE store after sending it away for repair, As i thought come back faulty.

The fault is I have a big dark secotion on the bottom of the screen. This was pointed out three times when i went into store to start the repair process yet they still put the fault as touch sensitive keypad. soon as lady switched the phone on i could see the fault still, was told i could send it back off for repair which would be another two weeks but I couldnt do it for next couple of days need to wait for system to clear first.

Does any one have any advice this is doing my head in now :(

I went right to the top with mine, emailed stephen . elop @ nokia . com

everything got escalated quickly phone returned in under 5 days from ups picking it up,, unfortunately its going back again as still freezing over night but was all very quick or VP of customer service Nokia: Alf.Noto @ nokia.com remove spaces, hopefully you will get it sorted soon

I went from an iPhone 4 to the 920. Very pleased :)

Genuinely the only feature I miss is the tap to scroll to the top, otherwise I'm a happy chappy. :)

As did I, im a bit indifferent atm.. I hope it grows on me.. I really dont want to go back to the apple camp, but thinking the 820 might be more fitting for my hands!!

Chaps, is anyone having problems with their handsets crashing. I've commented on this before and hoped portico would sort it but it hasn't. All that happens is that I try to turn the phone on and nothing happens and i need to do a soft reset to bring it back to the land of the living. I got one of the first handsets as soon as they came out and I've read on wpcentral that some early handsets had bad batches of memory. From what I've read it doesn't seem that sending it to Nokia for repair will necessarily sort the problem as there doesn't seem to be a specific trigger. It has happened 3 times in 48 hours and is p#ssing me off!

Hi all,

So my black 920 crashed today...dead as a dodo...
i have been offered a brand new one as replacement. I have been told i can choose black, yellow or white.

What colour should i get?

:cool:

Yellow if you want to hold a banana to your head

White if you want to say "HAI EVERYONE I HAZ A PHONE"

Black if you're a subtle kinda guy which demands class.

Get the black ;)

Although if I could get a matt grey one I'd be all over it! :o

Whatsapp really seems to eat battery - I've noticed when I use it the phone seems to think its playing a song (which has no name). Wondering if this has something to do with the battery issues.

Plus the app itself is pretty useless.

You can argue about which phone colour all you want, but the official cases are sooo cheap you can get whatever colour you fancy:
p2160319.jpg

p2160321.jpg

Whatsapp really seems to eat battery - I've noticed when I use it the phone seems to think its playing a song (which has no name). Wondering if this has something to do with the battery issues.

Plus the app itself is pretty useless.

Somebody sang the praises of 'Whatsapp' - so i installed it.
Yes free texts, yet to be convinced. I have the new Lumia 620. App running ok so far.. but im keeping an eye on it. So far its surprised me how well the battery has lasted on the 620. Very good, in fact couldn't be happier. Lets see what Whatsapp does.

Help! All I'm getting is two cogs!

Because my 920 has been acting up somewhat of late, decided to do a full reset. Now it just shows two cogs turning around and I can't get it to switch off, or anything! What do I do guys? :eek:

Power and vol down for quick reset
power and vol down until it vibrates then quickly hold down vol up instead of vol down for full reset - don't need to turn it off for either of these as I discovered when I had all my lock up issues

Back
Top Bottom